Sign in to follow this  
joegoh67

Mylar 3 with UE flange.

Hi all I just got myself a pair of the mylar 3. I love the sound quality of it but the thing is i have difficulties getting a good seal from it. I tried all the tips that came with it and found that none seals well. I read here somewhere that the UE flanges can be modded to fit it, i have search through the forums and just can't seem to find it. If anyone knows how to do it could you tell me. Thanks.

Jaben sells biflange tips and these work very well for those whose ear canals have irregular shape (like mine). I have never had success with stock tips in my left ear but the biflange tip worked fine.

I am still breaking in my Mylar3. Thanks, Uncle Wilson.

Guest darrenosaurus_rex

IPB Image

Drop by Jaben and pick up a pair of bi-flanges, they really helped with isolation and they stick real well in your ears. Well worth the bit of money spent!

Edited by darrenosaurus_rex

darrenosaurus_rex:

Welcome to our forum!

Is that the Sansa? (The click wheel is so bright!)

You might want to try installing Rockbox(www.rockbox.org) on it.

Guest darrenosaurus_rex

darrenosaurus_rex:

Welcome to our forum!

Is that the Sansa? (The click wheel is so bright!)

You might want to try installing Rockbox(www.rockbox.org) on it.

Hi! Been lurking around a bit, finally decided to register. Not much of an audiophile myself, but I love my music!

(Yup, that's the Sansa e270 that I got recently. Don't dare to fool around with it and risk bricking it for the time being.. Thanks for bringing it up though, I'll read up more about rockbox.)

Enough of the OT, hope you enjoy the UE flanges.. The Jaben ones don't need any modifications whatsoever. I bought a pair of JVC Marshmallows to try out, but I realised I like the Mylar3s a lot better, much less muddy bass and more clarity.

i'd try the sony or philips tips 1st to see how it fits. im using the philips she95 tips and find that they seal quite well. plus best of all, they are easy to insert and remove which is a big bonus considering i use iM716 triflanges. Now thats a b*tch to fit but provides great seal though. goodluck with your new M3. give it a weeks burn-in and u'll love it!

Edited by scottiebabie

Wow didn't know that the M3 will fit with so many different tips. I prolly be heading down to Jaben to get those biflanges. Yes the M3 does sound great for it's price and i bought it to replace the superfi that i broke. Uncle Wilson is a nice guy bought the M3 and walk home with a whole buch of free gifts.

I sold my UE Super.fi 5 EB and got me a pair of Mylar One X3's. I'm still using the largest UE tips though and they fit perfectly. The trick is not to push them all the way in your ear but find the "sweet spot".

Anyone knows the price of the bi-flanges? Does stereo sell them? Quite inconvenient for me to go all the way to jaben since i live in the north.

Anyone knows the price of the bi-flanges? Does stereo sell them? Quite inconvenient for me to go all the way to jaben since i live in the north.

Stereo sells the translucent black one. <$10 if i remember correctly.