tassardar_

Question regarding DAC

I been wondering one thing. A budget cd player with a mid range external dac will it be able to par a mid range cd player. Currently Im thinking of using my cd5001 to be a transport and pair it up with a dac instead of getting a brand new cdplayer (which in the future I want to upgrade again will be hell of a hassle to keep)

Also any recommandation to purchase a decent one sg.

On a side note, the dac on the emu0404 usb is it superior to those found in low/mid range cdp? It has been quite well received and considering it has optical/coaxial in it will be a interesting upgrade covering both my cdp and pc together lol.

side note.. 0404 usb is still out of stock since early last month... dunno when will it come in...

i found the following url regarding useing computer as source.. worth reading if you wonder about the issue of pc vs cdp and it give a more in depth view of the jittering problems that exist in cdp...

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue22/nugent.htm

planning to use my cdp as a transport to the dac in addition to pc as source. Technically 2 source running via 1 dac. I wonder will be better then a new cdp as source?

Jaben has brought in the Lavry DA10, you can bring your CD5001 and hook it up.

I am sure it will be better than your cdp, but does it worth the cost you have to ask yourself. B)