Sign in to follow this  
zer061zer0

Switch Box

Anyone know where i can get a swtichbox, the sort that allows you to have 1-2 input to a couple of output.

What i see around these few days are the sort where they have 4 input to 1 output. I am looking for something that would allow me to have it the other way around, 1input to 4 output.

Do reccomend me some thing or idea.

Many thanks in advance.

You are looking at a distribution amplifier. Plenty of them running around at SLS.

hmm.. whats that I do not need any amplification.

I only need to relate signals, the problem here is that i have a cdp and my laptop witha usb dac, I have several amps ard, and would like to be able to switch between them faster and easier rather then plugging the interconnects out.

The product is called an audio distribution amplifier. What it does is split a single source to a number of outputs. To maintain the same output level for all outputs, you will need some form or amplification and also not to provide a load to your signal source.

The product is called an audio distribution amplifier. What it does is split a single source to a number of outputs. To maintain the same output level for all outputs, you will need some form or amplification and also not to provide a load to your signal source.

Do i really need amplification inside?

Because it will be amplified later on in individual amp itself. But anyway do u have any idea which shops carry them, I am likely to be passing by tomorrow or the day after.

Thanks.

There may be some passive version that could be cheaper as there is no amplification. I really have no idea of the cost. The pro version is around 1k.

There may be some passive version that could be cheaper as there is no amplification. I really have no idea of the cost. The pro version is around 1k.

:shocking:

i think i might seriously consider doing one myself.

But the drilling section really puts me off a little...

I just ordered a LR-1 Line Router from Mapletree. Dr. Llyod has one for 150$ US that is 4 inputs by 2 outputs. I got him to build me on with 4 inputs and 3 outs. My color choice was black case with black sides.

website is: http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/

scroll down to see it. His ad copy on it is:

Any combination of 6 or less I/O lines is possible. Design it yourself to suit your needs.

Ideal for switching line sources between headphone amplifier or preamp or adding additional line inputs to preamp.

LR 1 Pro model features 3–2 switching with balanced I/O and XLR connectors.

IPB Image

Edited by slwiser

Are these what you are looking for?

http://www.hificablesandaccessories.co.uk/...ITCH_BOXES.html

yup similar, passive sort with a few more outputs

was thinking of doing up one like this

http://www.mb3k.com/socram.html but again, lack of tools is one thing

anyone have anywhere to recommend for woodwork, pre cut and drill type