Sign in to follow this  
barlond

UE super.fi 5 pro

Hi guys

New here (introduced by friend in school) & just returned from my purchase of ue super.fi 5 pro! Great pieces of engineering, but i do have a tiny issue: i cant seemed to get a good fit with all e flanges provided.

Any ideas?

Try wearing the right SF5pro on your left and left SF5pro on your right ear, meaning instead of the UE logo facing the front, it now faces the back.

If it works for you then, you'll have to remove the cable to do a switch (left cable connector to right SF5pro bla bla bla...)which you have to be very careful not to use too much force.

If you're not familiar, just bring it back to the shop and let them do it.

Let me barge in a little: Try the mid-size flanges or the foams again. With the foams, deflat them before insertion. After which, hold it at your ears for around 10 seconds to let the foam set a tight seal.

Hope that works for you.

Edited by Slivester

Try wearing the right SF5pro on your left and left SF5pro on your right ear, meaning instead of the UE logo facing the front, it now faces the back.

If it works for you then, you'll have to remove the cable to do a switch (left cable connector to right SF5pro bla bla bla...)which you have to be very careful not to use too much force.

If you're not familiar, just bring it back to the shop and let them do it.

Erm I can't seemed to get the idea, lol.

Does the wire still go behind the ear pinna?

Edited by barlond

It's the flip side mod for sf5p. Much has been discussed about it already including at this forum Just run a search for flip side/fs mod or something along those lines. Cheers!

It's the flip side mod for sf5p. Much has been discussed about it already including at this forum Just run a search for flip side/fs mod or something along those lines. Cheers!

Alright thanks bro!

I have no luck looking for the flip side mod you mentioned here, but found one from google: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=191204

That's pretty cool, :)

Edited by barlond

I must say I am quite disappointed with the bass response of super.fi 5 pro. Was expecting more, erm silly of me.

Did you get a good seal? Or maybe you should have tried the Westone UM2.

I must say I am quite disappointed with the bass response of super.fi 5 pro. Was expecting more, erm silly of me.

u're not the only who can't get a good seal from UE. they sound good if u can but because of fit and comfort problems they're hardly great pieces of engineering.

looks like u might have to try on a pair of UM2.

I agree that UE fit is rather problematic. It affects both the SF5 and TF10. But after a while of usage, I managed to use the mylarone X3 small tip for it and it works.

Their cable is also another issue but one can use a westone cable for it