Sign in to follow this  
ablaze

Headamp Gilmore V2 sale!

WAH KAO EH!!!!

SO cheap ah?

400 .. plus shipping.. lemme calculate..at most 740 dollars man!

Like this I go and sell my corda and get this liao laugh.giflaugh.gif

eh but seriously.. at that price hor.. I am really tempted you know unsure.gifunsure.gif

Hey,

The price is for real. I can't say I'm not embarrassed to sell Gilmore's design at this price (I still feel the same about $549)

For those of you that are interested - yes, 230V version is available, and shipping is $35 to Singapore.

Also, please send emails to antness@aol.com not justin@headamp.com (mail server problems...again)

And/Or just send a PM here

Thanks,

Justin

Edited by antness

Oh no ... temptation ...... anyone of you guys getting it?

Where did the money in my accounts goes? wallbash.gif

Extra impetus is gotten as the greeback has taken a dive on Fri and I perceive in the days ahead as well. Exchange rate will benefit those who wish to grab this Gilmore.

$399US. still seems like a alot to pay. What does all the money go into?

Wortel,

From what I have heard, the largest internet-based headphone amp manufacturer in the U.S. takes the cost of the amp (parts and labor) and sells it for 3x that much.

If I followed those same guidelines, the Gilmore V2 would sell for $1290. It is likely that even with the Gilmore V2 at $550 I have one of the lowest margins of any headphone amp manufacturer.

Considering in many reviews the Gilmore V2 has been compared favorably to amps costing around or more than $1290, I think this is an extremely good deal!

-Justin

My question was aimed at trying to understand headamp desgin better. Is was accually trying to ask what parts of the amp add up to the cost being as much as it is.

I really am a newbie to electronics and would really like to know what bits you put in these amps to make them cost as much as they do. unsure.gif

My question was aimed at trying to understand headamp desgin better. Is was accually trying to ask what parts of the amp add up to the cost being as much as it is.

I really am a newbie to electronics and would really like to know what bits you put in these amps to make them cost as much as they do.  unsure.gif

It's not justifiable for a designer/manufacturer to explain the cost breakdown of every part of their audio products. The price is set by market forces such as supply and demand. Value to a consumer is in the eyes of the beholder. The value-for-money factor is based on how one equipment yields better sound than its competitor of similar pricing.

Henceforth, if the Gilmore amp is well constructed and its sound quality challenges Corda, Naim or Sugden headamps of similar price range, one can expect it to be priced within this range.

In order to be fair to yourself and the manufacturer/designer, give the Gilmore a listen and if U're not impressed, explore other options. The point is even with top notch electronic components, an audio gear may not sound good as circuit topology is critical.

Edited by Mackie