Sign in to follow this  
sputnik00

ER4Ps

dear all

trying to take my mind off the fact that liverpool is down 1-0 by a silly own goal. so am thinking of whether i should bite the bullet and get a pair of ER4Ps. upgrading from my CK7s.

sources are primarily iAudio U3 and HiMD N1 player. music i tend to listen to include songs with lots of vocals & guitar accompaniment, classical, and jazz.

budget, well, i'm more a "if-it-sounds-good-to-me-it's-worth-it" kinda of person. so if a pair of cheaper IEMs can improve my audio experience more than my CK7s i'm most willing to give it a shot.

would love to have your views, especially since the ER4Ps are pretty pricey.

cheers

The er4p are known to lack in bass and coming from the ck7, I suppose you would find the difference to be rather glaring. If you like the ck7, then you'd be better off considering the sf5p. For the genres of music listed, er4p does fine, though don't try rock/metal with it.

Another option is the newly released Q-Jays, which according to reviews have a balanced spectrum like the ER-4 but with more bass. You may wanna read more abt the reviews at head-fi. One problem is that you probably need to get it online as i dun think it is available in sg.

hi guys

thanks for your comments.

ferrari85: saw the review on the Q-Jays online some time ago. thanks for the reminder!

nofing: thanks for your comments. i actually find the CK7s give a pretty tight bass, though a bit lean at times on some recordings. the bass comes through better on my HiMD than on my U3 (even though both are recording from the same CD source), wonder why though.

i took 2-3 years before deciding on the iAudio U3 so .... will try to see if it's possible to take a listen to the ER4Ps or Q-Jays before choosing.

With regards to your different sources and the different sounds you're getting, I honestly have no idea. Furthermore both are good sources. Maybe the manner in which they were ripped are different? Or it could be EQ.

Do try the ER4Ps. I just auditioned a pair at Jaben a few days back though I'm not sure if it's still available. Call ahead to check.