jlingo

ULTRASONE EDITION 9 IS INDEED THAT GOOD!

Have you tried the edition 9 yet?

Nope. I hope to do so at the next opportunity.

I noticed I used past tense when I meant to say: I wonder how the E9 compares to it. Apologies for the muck up.

Edited by milkpowder

Yes, they are that good.

Jeffri, glad you like the Edition 9, I am still enjoying mine too :D

Edition 9 is one of the best current production dynamic headphones that the money can buy IMO (have not heard Denon D5000 or JVC DX1000). It's so dimensional with details, transparent with a touch of cream... Great dynamic, great details, interesting "soundstage", fast deep low end, from bass to midrange to highs, all sound perfect to me. I couldn't imagine anything clearer/cleaner or more tonally accurate than this.

Its still about preferences.. I know a few people who don't like the E9's at all & feel they sound like a 700.00 headphone instead of a 1,500 headphone. I'd still like to hear one to see what the fuss is about.. Personally I think Ultrasone headphones are the FOTM.. Early on at Headfi I asked about Ultrasone headphones, most responses were very negative.. Then all of a sudden they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.. :lol:

Just curious, don't mind PMing me the pricing? Is is closer to the 2K price mark? Cause L3000 and HE60 are 2 seriously expensive cans and it would be amazing for someone to consider getting a GS-1000 or AKG K1000 rather than that...So i presume its dead expensive?

No.. They reail for 1,500. You can get them for around 1,100 at Northern lights..

No.. They reail for 1,500. You can get them for around 1,100 at Northern lights..

It's $2k in SGD, singapore dollar. :grin: I think your $1,500 is in USD.

It's $2k in SGD, singapore dollar. :grin: I think your $1,500 is in USD.

I tried it and it's extremely detailed.... just thinking very hard before i kill my wallet

Make sure you wear Ultrasone cans correctly when you demo them. If you push the ear cups forward with the back of you ears touching the ear pad, everything sounds distant, boomy bass and recessed mid. If you push them backward, high sounds shrill and too bright!

So, please be sure that your ears are right in the middle of the ear cups.