Sign in to follow this  
HKS

new head phone. =(

I don't agree, it makes a significant difference. When I had my LDM+ and UE 5 EB combi, I experimented with different IC's It's amazing how much the sound changes when you use a good IC. I finally decided on the Ultimate Link Afinity because it tamed the bass more then any other IC I tried. With my current combi the Affinity sounds too muffled so I use a Canare homebrew

I'll have to agree with Singapura here. I/Cs do make a difference. But more importantly, you should consider the SYNERGY with your existing rig. An expensive i/c does not necessarily sound better than a cheaper one in a particular system.

For me, the upgrade chain should be headphones/earphones --> source (i.e. DAP with lineout and AT LEAST 192kbps music file. PCDP's better still if you don't mind lugging it around) --> amp --> i/c.

Cheers

hi warsyrferX, i will take ur advices seriously. Can kindly advice me on I.C? Please? Can knidly roughly guide me abt the cost? Please?

Arigatou.

Hi guys. I use the line out of my player to output to the amp then to my headphone. But y i still can use the equalizer in the player the fine tune the songs?

thought line out is bypass the amp in the player?

Please advice.

Edited by HKS

for the ICs wise. dont jump into it so quickly. it doesnt make that much difference as compared to source and amp.

you got to do a a-b comparison and see if you can hear the difference and whether the price you pay make up for the price difference between a normal IC and high-end IC.

for me myself, i'm using a custom made belden cable.

a-b. meaning compare a high-end ic to the current ic you using.

custom made IC. made by myself. i got background on electronics hence able to make my own stuff.

so i also make my own DIY amps and cables.

using belden cable with neutrik gold plug and ipod LOD on each end.

Wow! gd for u. I don hav background on electronics.....=( so hence cant make any own stuffs.

iewgnail, can advice me when using a lineout of player, still can control how the song sound by fine- tunning the equalizer?

Thansk in advance.

a-b. meaning compare a high-end ic to the current ic you using.

custom made IC. made by myself. i got background on electronics hence able to make my own stuff.

so i also make my own DIY amps and cables.

using belden cable with neutrik gold plug and ipod LOD on each end.

i am looking into making own ic oso. u are have background in electronics, well, i am learning it :party: haha

when using a lineout of player, still can control how the song sound by fine- tunning the equalizer?

Most probably the equalizer is a digital equalizer, the equalization is performed before DAC. I think it's quite difficult to find portable players with analog equalizer nowadays. Going digital is cheaper, smaller, power efficient, and can be finetuned more easily than analog parts.

Most probably the equalizer is a digital equalizer, the equalization is performed before DAC. I think it's quite difficult to find portable players with analog equalizer nowadays. Going digital is cheaper, smaller, power efficient, and can be finetuned more easily than analog parts.

Hi 1bit, thanks for replying. Yes, my player is using a digital equalizer, i was surprise as i still be able to fine tune how the song sound when using the line out of the player cos i thought dat will oni happen when using real system.

Hmm. i just did a check about tt on my ipod.

yea. able to use EQ when using line-out.

however i set EQ flat. =)

Hi iewgnail, thanks for replying.

May i knw why u choose flat as ur prefered choice?

Thanks in advance.

Actually isn't it best to just use on EQ? But I suppose flat would provide a more neutral response?

@HKS:

For ICs, best for you since you seem to know SE better is probably the Crescendo or Lady Misty (If they still have). This will start you off on your IC journey somewhat. I know it's rather presumptuous of me to recommend you ICs straight off but I suppose this 2 ICs would be a good starting point for most people.