Charismatic

Dynaudio Audience 52SE

Available in Singapore?

Dynaudio Audience 52SE

http://www.excel-hifi.com/Dynaudio/dy-audi...ence%2052se.htm

Since U got the link from Excel hifi, it is definitely available in S'pore as they are the distributor of Dynaudio consumer range speakers.

Edited by Mackie

Thanks Mackie, I think I need to make some phone calls already. laugh.gif

or you could try quad 11sl, or floorstanding wharfdales.

i know i've seen them somewhere in sls..

Thanks Mackie, I think I need to make some phone calls already.  laugh.gif

If U're interested in Dynaudio Acoustics (pro arm division) monitors, pm me as I'm a very strong advocate of these speakers and they are definitely underpriced in S'pore compared to HK and Taiwan where demand is higher. Sadly, these products remain low profile and largely undiscovered by local audiophiles.

Edited by Mackie

Rameish,

Peak Fusion. They are also the agent for Beyer cans.

Edited by Mackie

GIven the choice I would pick 11Ls over the 52SE.

Quads are very well voiced, I heard these minutive bookshelfs at Electrades' Ubi showroom thinking he had switched on the ESL989s. I thought it sounded pretty transperant though slightly shut in. Later on I realised the mistake and then tried the actual 989s, they sounded very similar in all aspects but had better bass response, speed, more open sounding.

I think 11Ls are worth a listen. I read in HFC that the 11L and the floorstander (20L issit?) are actually two different iterations of the same design, meaning they are voiced differently so don't assume that the 20L just a 11L with better bass response.

Also, almost all of the 2 way floorstanders (ported) tend to have rather slow or boomy or pronounced bass. You might be better off with bookshelfs and a good sub most of the time as it is easier to place a sub than speakers AND also there would be less strain on the sats to reproduce mid or low bass.

All Dynaudio bookshelfs have a nice mid bass bump that makes them exciting for rock, pop and big sounding. They have almost no low bass at all This is a great design for the above mentioned genres but actually sacrifices low bass. There is low bass coming from these bookshelves but they are less noticed if not ignored due to the attenion the midbass grabs. Place them beside a similarly spec-ed but ruler flat bookshelf and you'll notice almost half an octave missing. Granted, they are pretty transperant speakers and with the right music, carefully matched powerful and musical amps, will outsound the 11Ls.

I think like all british speakers, they are not offensive, polite and easy to live with both equipment and room wise.

ah, another person who has heard the 11Ls. and liked them.

it's a real pity i dont get to hear more of such great speakers. always whenever i enter shops i either get a. ignored or b. looked down upon because of my relative youth. sad1.gif

always whenever i enter shops i either get a. ignored or b. looked down upon because of my relative youth. sad1.gif

adhoc,

Your own lack of confidence is the cause of your demise. People can sense this and dealers would think you're not interested nor look like you would afford and won't bother?

Anyways Electrades boss, Doshi is very nice and alot can attest to his good service. A dealer i would buy all my stuff from... when i get a job laugh.gif He has some nice partington dreadnought stands... awesome with dynaudios...

He also sells all sorts of economical accesories so it won't be a wasted trip down to UBI and you won't waste his time if you buy something and ask for a short listen.

Rameish,

Peak Fusion. They are also the agent for Beyer cans.

blush.gif I getting old man. For the life of me I could remember who the agent was. I think they are also the agent for Tannoy monitors right?

In addition to fishball's post, I find the prevalent mid-upper bass hump in the consumer series are less evident on Dynaudio Acoustics monitors that are more linear in the freq response. Depending on the definition of low bass, this is often the Archilles's heel of bookshelves speakers.

Nonetheless, I do concur Dynaudio speakers need high power amps and those capable of high current output to sound at their best. Avoid tube amps for these speakers IMHO. A no-brainer speaker cables to go with them is OCOS......not too expensive but rare. Perfect synergy!