Sign in to follow this  
JaiX

9V Batts for Portable Amp

I'm trying to decide if I should get portable amp powered by 9V batts or AA size batts... my main concern is that 9V batts are too ex...

For 9V batt portable amp users... what are you using for the 9V batts? Rechargables or alkalines?

Rechargeable ones, more value for money in the long run. of course the initial spending is a lot, but it is definitely worth in the long run.

Thanks...! Just checked out the eastgear webby... the maha 9v charger is $49 while rechargeable batts are @ $19 bucks per piece... whoa!

can i hijack this thread have a questions on batteries. i m planning to diy a battery pack for my dac.

does li-ion and nimh rechargables have a difference in performance and effect on sound quality?

the lithium-ion packs have some drawbacks which are common to all lithium-ion batteries. it will be too technical to discuss in a single post. with that in mind i went to gather parts to make a 4 x AA battery pack.

based on my research i decided to use 2000mAh Sanyo Eneloop ni-mh as my primary battery source due to its consistent voltage close to 5v (in group of 4 AA).

i m also getting the Maha Energy C401FS charger which is essentially the best mini charger i could find locally. it comes with 4 x 2700 mAh PowerEx ni-mh batteries which ironically doesnt perform as well as the Sanyo or PowerEx 2500mAh ones. Sadly the performance is like 4.5v (in group of 4 AA) so i will keep it for other use.

will be using eastgear. seems like a good place to find batteries and stuff.

EDIT: Went to eastgear today, the eneloop is out of stock. bought the imedion instead.

Edited by petia