vodka

Portable Amp for UM2?

looking for a gd amp for my upcoming um2 XD anyone have recommendations?

budget around 200 ,

got some in mind which is the iBasso T2 or Visely

give the go vibe petite a try. i'm using it with um1 and love it. battery life, sound and build v good value for price.

btw, i listen mostly 2 jazz, classical and oriental female vocals.

Guest dragonboy

Ibasso T2 at $179 should fit into your budget range with its compact & long battery life. But I'd personally prefer the P2 for its robust iron-cast casing & better controlled lows & much more define vocals. :beer:

Ibasso T2 at $179 should fit into your budget range with its compact & long battery life. But I'd personally prefer the P2 for its robust iron-cast casing & better controlled lows & much more define vocals. :beer:

o.o how much is it?

i have gone from t1/t2 to the p2 that i am using currently. assuming you don't mind the size, the p2 gives a very noticable increase in SQ over the t1/2. do allow a week of casual listening to fully burn it in. the amp may not sound very fantastic at first, but believe me, it really opens up and improves after 3-4days.

the t1/2 will give you a very enjoyable sound and is good for the budget. just be careful with the input jack. has a tendency to come loose if you knock it hard. very value for money.

by the way i've heard alot of ppl refer to the cast iron casing of the p2 and the d series. its actually machined aluminium that has been anodised grey. if it was cast iron it would be incredibly heavy

Edited by branzzz

ooo , maybe gonna get the p2 , hope not over my budget XD my um2 for now gonna be temporary iems till westone 3 comes out hehe

ooo , maybe gonna get the p2 , hope not over my budget XD my um2 for now gonna be temporary iems till westone 3 comes out hehe

Wah, that's quite an expensive interim solution. I'm still contemplating getting a custom earmold to 'upgrade' my um2 while waiting for the westone 3, but never considered an amp 'cos of the extra weight and bulk. Plus I've read repeatedly that an amped um2 only gains a marginal improvement.

The custom earmold (UM56) are definitely very worth it. Am a user myself and boy have I left those other tips aside a long time. IMO, amps though not able to help improve the highs of the UM2, it can give a very wide sound stage and a sense of airiness, also helps to improve the bass by a bit (controlling it), the amp I'm using it with is the hornet.

The custom earmold (UM56) are definitely very worth it. Am a user myself and boy have I left those other tips aside a long time. IMO, amps though not able to help improve the highs of the UM2, it can give a very wide sound stage and a sense of airiness, also helps to improve the bass by a bit (controlling it), the amp I'm using it with is the hornet.

custom totally out haha , not because of budget but because im still in the so called "growing stage" so kinda unsafe.

Guest dragonboy

P2 is $219 .. I tried at SE ... not too bad for its price. Die-cast aluminium with leather wrap-around. Enough power to drive most headphones and earphones. :rclxms:

Shark, where did you get your earmolds done, Jaben? How much did they cost you? For some odd reason, the recent pair of tri-flanges I got are softening up too quickly, don't have high hopes. Might seriously look into getting customs soon.

Cheers :party:

I got mine done through stereo, had to do the ear impression from an audiologist (Suntec City) though cost me $63 for both ears

Not sure how much does it cost to send them over now. You can contact Aaron from Stereo.