Sign in to follow this  
huangyong

Diy amp is getting hot here...

laugh.gif

Wow, do you notice that recently a few of DIY amp deal popping up in our SGH classified???

and the deal is quite cheap too, would you give it a try?? for around $50-$100???

meta42, CHA47....... whistling.gif

consider that a nice pot would easily cost up to 30++ (alps blue), a couple of nice caps and resistor will be another 20bucks... and buffers & opamps..

is a diy amp that fall in this price range sounds nice???

pls say out your opinoin...

yeah.gif

op-amp can determine the final price here - the OPA637 is S$60 a piece and bing a single op-amp you'll need 2 in say a META42 (not to mention the cost of the Brown Dog Adapter). Alps Blue Velvet costs S$20 - S$30 (depending on value), Cardas RCA S$30 or S$35 a pair, Neutrik Locking Jack S$8, Aluminum Volume Knob $5.50 to S$7, Elna Cerafine caps ?? etc etc, Signal Caps ??, resistors (the VD cost S$0.75 each), builder's labour charges for casework and solder work, and you are adding up the cost.

Of course you could just use just one or 2 premuim parts and use ordinary parts for the rest but in that case just use el cheapo parts all round.

Note that they were all used prices not new but still a great price.

Once you heard a META you'll never look back. It's THAT good.

Hi SGHeadphone dudes!

I have been lurking around here for a couple of weeks to get an idea of what you guys are interested in ( not the 2 legged or 4 wheel variety! ) and I see an oportunity for some useful co-operation between our countries.

This thread highlights the inconsistances of pricing throughout the world.

I just ordered a quantity of AD 8620 UR op amps and guess what, they are made in the Philippines!

I often use Hammond aluminum enclosures. They are made in Canada!

A while back, one of your members inquired about Plainview NiMH rechargeable batteries and was ignored by the US Distributor Thomas Distributing. I may be able to help here also.

I would like to propose a plan to foil the international BS and rip- offs based on regional consumption.

According to the post by Rameish, Cardas RCAs are $30 a pair!! I can get Cardas RCAs for $10 US a pair and would be willing to ship them to you for the cost of shipping.

Brown Dog adapters are another possibility and aluminum volume knobs should be $2 or $3 each.

I think it would be a good idea to post a shopping list of desireable DIY items and ask for quotes from each other.

Bulky or heavy items would not be appropriate but most components are small and light.

I love the colourful and bright images and avatars on your site and the animation is something Jude should be looking at to lighten up the HeadFi site. This is after all a hobby, and should be fun with a capital F!!

Hi SGHeadphone dudes!

I have been lurking around here for a couple of weeks to get an idea of what you guys are interested in ( not the 2 legged or 4 wheel variety! ) and I see an oportunity for some useful co-operation between our countries.

This thread highlights the inconsistances of pricing throughout the world.

I just ordered a quantity of AD 8620 UR op amps and guess what, they are made in the Philippines!

I often use Hammond aluminum enclosures. They are made in Canada!

A while back, one of your members inquired about Plainview NiMH rechargeable batteries and was ignored by the US Distributor Thomas Distributing. I may be able to help here also.

I would like to propose a plan to foil the international BS and rip- offs based on regional consumption.

According to the post by Rameish, Cardas RCAs are $30 a pair!! I can get Cardas RCAs for $10 US a pair and would be willing to ship them to you for the cost of shipping.

Brown Dog adapters are another possibility and aluminum volume knobs should be $2 or $3 each.

I think it would be a good idea to post a shopping list of desireable DIY items and ask for quotes from each other.

Bulky or heavy items would not be appropriate but most components are small and light.

I love the colourful and bright images and avatars on your site and the animation is something Jude should be looking at to lighten up the HeadFi site. This is after all a hobby, and should be fun with a capital F!!

Just to let you know... The prices we quoted are in Singapore dollars, not US$. So you have to multiply your costs by about 1.75 to get the price in Singapore dollars. Nice to see that someone is willing to help though. =)

We can get Hammond cases locally but not Serpac. So you might be able to help us there.

Rameish, obviously this is my opinion coming from mostly portables & not to mention my taste. I haven't heard that many full sized headphone amps. Quite honestly the PCII gives it a good run for it's money. META amp (regardless of configuration) improves the sound out of a PCDP significantly but you all know that by now.

For SG Headphone DIY'ers I can offer the following items. They may or may not be good prices for you guys but lets try anyway. All are in US funds but I can convert to Canadian if this helps.

Plainview NiMH batteries----------$10.00ea

Plainview chargers----------------$11.00ea

Serpac H67 9v Black--------------$7.50ea

Cardas RCA jacks-----------------$6.00ea

Eagle volume knobs ( aluminum )$3.00ea

Elpac power supplies 110-240v

50-60Hz 24v DC-------------------$35.00ea

Onesy twosy sales won't work baecause of the shipping cost but some sort of group buy would make sense.

These are just sample items. Check out your availability and pricing there and see if this is worthwhile. If you have any other requests, let me know and I'll see what I can find out. call.gif

The Elpac is model # FW 1824-760

There are others with lower voltages like 15v which is fine for some applications.

Let me know what items are the most difficult for you to obtain and I'll see what I can do.

laugh.gif

Wow, do you notice that recently a few of DIY amp deal popping up in our SGH classified???

and the deal is quite cheap too, would you give it a try?? for around $50-$100???

meta42, CHA47....... whistling.gif

consider that a nice pot would easily cost up to 30++ (alps blue), a couple of nice caps and resistor will be another 20bucks... and buffers & opamps..

is a diy amp that fall in this price range sounds nice???

pls say out your opinoin...

yeah.gif

it's really hard to call something DIY when you bought it off assembled from someone else.

How is it any different from buying an amp made by Creek or headamp.com or any other manufacturer?

jayel