Sign in to follow this  
Guest dragonboy

Ibasso D2...simply awesome!

Just got my D2, listening to classical flac using Sennheiser 595. Clean and clear, but didn't have that wow factor I was expecting, hopefully it will get better :P

Using winamp outputing via usb, I was wondering how it will work and was surpised to find out that the volume control and equaliizer on winamp actually have an effect on the music!!! I am a bit of a digital music idiot, someone please help explain. Apologies :))

Oh ya, the gain switch ... up means ? down means ? Thanks!

Edited by artemov

Guest dragonboy

Just got my D2, listening to classical flac using Sennheiser 595. Clean and clear, but didn't have that wow factor I was expecting, hopefully it will get better :P

Using winamp outputing via usb, I was wondering how it will work and was surpised to find out that the volume control and equaliizer on winamp actually have an effect on the music!!! I am a bit of a digital music idiot, someone please help explain. Apologies :))

High gain are normally for headphones are less efficency earphones. The softer one is the low gain,more for earphones or sensitive headsets which pick up more hiss.

Yup your D2 requires run-in. Mine took more than 100hrs. And they sounds pretty bright if new + bass a bit sluggish... But don't worry, will improve as you listen.

http://www.benchmarkmedia.com/wiki/index.p...k_-_Setup_Guide

Hope this helps a bit. You can also go to the winamp for windows setup guide at the bottom of the page to read more abt it.

Thanks for the replies.

So if the switch is up means high gain is it?

I am now using the asio4all drivers. The windows volume control no longer has any effect, nor does the winamp volume control, but somehow the winamp equalizer still has an effect. Strange. Not sure if I have achieved bit transparency.

i doubt they provide that..haha...what amp you using? maybe you can sell it off at classified hha...

anyway...any one know how does the D2 viper fare?

1)LMH6622 in the main amp and THS4032 in the ground channel

2)LM6172 in the main amp and THS4032 in the ground channel

Anyone with D2 viper should try these setup.

This is confusing. The D1 Viper is the one which you can roll opamps while the D2 Boa is the one with soldered on opamps.

Unless you want to do some fine desoldering and soldering work, only the D1 Viper can roll opamps easily.

Edited by evilmerlin

For the D2 series, Only the D2 Boa ish available new from shop or online.

While the opamp rollable D2 Viper, you could only hunt for Used set.

Guest dragonboy

Yah, I almost bought a D1 thinking it was the opamp rollable one.

D1 is a more well equipped DAC with Coax / Optical / USB inputs + a dedicated analog line out.

D2 viper allows u to roll op-amp but as it's limited production, it's unlikely for u to buy it. The last time aron from stereo told me that they had taken all the D2 viper existing stocks from Ibasso. You can always PM him to check.