Sign in to follow this  
naglfar

iPod Classic sound sucks

Didn't get a chance to test D2. Does it have a audio out line to amp?

nope. it doesn't really need one since it already sounds great thru headout. gives you 1 less luggage to carry around.

For your requirements..

I think the best match right now would be KenWood's new line of HDD-based players.

That being said, the headphone out has an awful amount of hiss when paired with sensitive IEMs like the triple.fi 10pro.

But sounds really good with IEMs or cans with higher impedance.

After much thought, I have changed my set up. I decided to bypass the iPod's headphone jack, and tap the line out signal from the dock instead to a portable amp. Just bought the iBasso P2 from Stereo over the weekend - WOW! What a huge improvement in terms of separation, soundstage and bass definition.

After much thought, I have changed my set up. I decided to bypass the iPod's headphone jack, and tap the line out signal from the dock instead to a portable amp. Just bought the iBasso P2 from Stereo over the weekend - WOW! What a huge improvement in terms of separation, soundstage and bass definition.

nice to hear. get the D2 when u're sick and tired of carrying around additional luggage.

nice to hear. get the D2 when u're sick and tired of carrying around additional luggage.

I'll consider that once they have at least 60GB version..until then, I'm happy

I'll consider that once they have at least 60GB version..until then, I'm happy

soon. now the SDHC is 16gb, then 32gb. 64gb is easily on horizon. hard drives will soon be dinosaurs.

more great news here http://mobile.amirw.net/

Edited by sghound

doing a mod might sound nicer, or use it dock out lor. Using dock out make the sound sound nicer.

just my though in this.

Maybe you can try to get it mod?

erm......

sorry i'm a ewbie so i would like to know ipod can be mod ??

what improvement you can get for mod??

can iriver be mod also ?

I recently bought SE530 earphones to pair with my ipod. Though most of my music was encoded at 320 kbps, I felt that the increase in sound quality is not much. This is partly attributed to the poor sound quality of my 4th gen ipod headphone out. Later, I have added a headphone amp to the setup and now I feel OK with the SQ though not spectacular.

erh. SE 530 had "not much" improvement from stock ipod buds?

Or what did you upgrade from?