Sign in to follow this  
Guest dragonboy

My pending Earmax silver Edition sold out in stereo

Guest dragonboy

I was planning to pick up the Earmax Anniversary Edition from stereo this evening with $3k cash only to find out that they are all sold out. :cry::cry::cry: .IPB Image

I even brought along my Ed.9 along to have an audition and will pick it up if they blend well. No choice.... I had to shift my attention to the Silver Edition.

Performance on the Silver Edition was great with my Ed.9 even though my source was an un-modded ipod classic. I'm sure if I had my wadia CD player as source it would be almost flawless. Vocals just seems to blend into the music ..... so transparent.

I ended up leaving stereo $3k poorer with the Silver editon and a Ultimate link IC. Will try to roll the tubes and see what happens. Any advise from ex Earmax user would be appreciated. :grin:

Edited by dragonboy

I was planning to pick up the Earmax Silver Edition from stereo this evening with $3k cash only to find out that they are all sold out. :cry::cry::cry: .IPB Image

I even brought along my Ed.9 along to have an audition and will pick it up if they blend well. No choice.... I had to shift my attention to the Silver Edition.

Performance on the Silver Edition was great with my Ed.9 even though my source was an un-modded ipod classic. I'm sure if I had my wadia CD player as source it would be almost flawless. Vocals just seems to blend into the music ..... so transparent.

I ended up leaving stereo $3k poorer with the Silver editon and a Ultimate link IC. Will try to roll the tubes and see what happens. Any advise from ex Earmax user would be appreciated. :grin:

Earmax Silver retails for 700 quid in UK, u sure it's 3ksgd here?

dun really understand your post, u lookin' for silver ed but soldout, and then went home with silver ed. huh?

Edited by sghound

Guest dragonboy

Earmax Silver retails for 700 quid in UK, u sure it's 3ksgd here?

dun really understand your post, u lookin' for silver ed but soldout, and then went home with silver ed. huh?

Sorry , bro. Too happy with my new toy, typo mistake. :doh::doh: Sold out is ANNIVERSARY EDITION. Ended up with the SILVER EDITION plus a silver ultimate link cable and power distributor for my new toy. :grin:

Sorry , bro. Too happy with my new toy, typo mistake. :doh::doh: Sold out is ANNIVERSARY EDITION. Ended up with the SILVER EDITION plus a silver ultimate link cable and power distributor for my new toy. :grin:

very nice, no need ann.ed.

but for 3k? cable and disb = 1k?

Edited by sghound

Don't remember any of the earmax in SE being 3k or anywhere near 2k for that matter. All the same, nice amp! Wish I had the time and luxury to enjoy such beautiful equipment.