Sign in to follow this  
adn6244

newbie question on resistor and capacitor

Hello,

I refer to the EIA table and found that for E96 +/- 1% tolerance resistor, the value is 24.3k ohms but in farnell I can only find 24k...is it ok to use 24k to replace 24.3k? Any particular rules that I need to follow or as long as the parts tolerance range is overlapping should be fine?

Other than farnell, locally where can i find WIMA caps that is +/- 5%? I found +/-10% but not sure can be used to replace the +/-5%. does it mean the output will not be so "precise" or detailed if I use higher %?

:helpsmilie:

:grin:

thanks.

0.3 ohms difference is actually quite small and negligable. but then again, i think it depends on the application of the resistor. if its for LEDs, then, it doesnt matter at all. If its used to the op amps feedback loop or something like that, you just gotta make sure you use the same resistor for both sides.

an alternative is of course to buy many many resistors at SLT and hand match them manually. haha.

um, i think koba sells wima caps. not sure what values though but you could give it a shot i guess.