Sign in to follow this  
feesh

CD Players

i'm intending to buy a cd player. i am looking at NAD cd players. been hearing good reviews about them. what do you people think? anyone has a set? how would it compare with other players? if so, what other players are good?

NAD now makes more then budget components (its Master Series is quite upmarket). As such I dont know whether you're looking for a budget player or an upmarket one.

Alternatives are:

1) Dugood Glory Year (abt S$650) (nice 16BIT player)

2) Spark (Cayin) CD-15B (about $750-800)

2) Sugden CD21 (on sale now at S$1800)

3) CEC TL53Z (about $2,300/2400) - fantastic transport for later upgrades with outboard DACs

ooh. my budgets actually quite (very) low. maybe around the $300 range? i was walking around adelphi the other day and was recommended a $270 marantz cd player. dont know what model though but they mentioned that it had 5 star ratings. so... *shrugs*

For S$300 look around for a second-hand CD player that used to retail for S$600-800 when new. Look out for the Rotel RCD971 (it's a good buy even at $400) if it's in perfect working condition. Others include the Marantz CD600 OSE (LE). More laid back sound then the above mentioned rotel. Some of the older NADs are good too.

ooh. my budgets actually quite (very) low. maybe around the $300 range? i was walking around adelphi the other day and was recommended a $270 marantz cd player. dont know what model though but they mentioned that it had 5 star ratings. so... *shrugs*

sounds like marantz 5001 add a little more can get 6002 instead.. :)

Yo dude, I checked around Aldephi..currently two models fit into your budget. Denon 500AE ($250) & Marantz 5001 ($270). NAD entry at least a $400-$450 range. Of course, I'm talking about 1st hand here, so no doubt you might be lucky getting better prices afterall.

Denon 500AE vs Marantz 5001? I was told for Denon 500AE, its more suited for Pop kind of music while the Marantz 5001 suited for vocals, more like Jazz. Marantz has the Cirrus Logic DAC while Denon 500AE uses Delta Sigma DAC. Just my 2 cents worth bro!

I've been using CD6002 , bought it around $420 and its prominently better than the 5001, you might consider saving up for it if your budget is low :)

hi all, which of the budget cd players are better when used as transport only?

eg: marantz 5001/denon vs 6002

am able to use ibasso D1 as DAC, but there should be little point if the cd player has a equally good if not better DAC right?