Sign in to follow this  
Pooh

Where to buy MDR-EX71LP or MDR-EX70LP?

All the shops seems to sell only the SL version, which is only 0.5m long.

Anyone can point me to a shop that sells the LP ones?

Thanks.

Sorry... think made a mistake looking at the bluetin website... it seems I want is still the SL, only that it is not the Nude but the Fontopia, for the long cord.

This is wat i got from the bluetin website...

# NUDE = codename for short cords. Fontopia = long cords.

# SL = Straight and L plugs, SP = straight plug, LP = L plug

So I assume they are right.... I just want the long cords....

Prefer the EX71 since they are newer.

Edited by Pooh

Should check out head-fi first for comments on the EX71 cause though they are new, I do remember that the EX70 sounded better. Check out head-fi first, dun rush and end up with the wrong headphones. I have done that once too many!

Anyway... dun think I will probably hear the difference anyway... since I'm not connecting it to some high end source but just a Creative mp3 player and like the EX71 cos it is small, and probably good when I bring it while I'm cycling or jogging.

EX 71 SL comes with a 1m extension what...

U can get from SLS L3 or 2 (forogt but shop name is V3 audio) costs about $70

Got this guy selling at warehouse price ($60) but have to meet him in MRT to do transaction.

My friend buy before no problem.

If want PM me so I can PM you his HP no.

And 70 is no more in market (I think). I have been trying to find for about a month and on HWZ forum but to no avail. In th end got a 2nd hand one.

There is little to no difference that is extremely distinguishable between the two versions 71 and 70 unless you really really REALLY try to hear the difference. Get whichever you think suits your lifestyle. I would still recommend the SL version since you can extend the wire whenever you want in case you get a new unit that comes with a remote. (LP + remote = WOAH LONG) lol.gif

Dun think I will get a new unit so soon since I just got my MP3 player. smile.gif

BTW, when they say 0.5m, is measures from where to where? Is it long enuff to put my player in the pants pocket?

if u haven't bought it of coz get the ex71...

it is meant to replace the ex70

Anyway if you are using an MP3 player I recommend the EX70LP:

1)the cord is 1.2m which is just right, not too long to get messed up badly in your pocket and not too short to reach your pocket.

2) no interconnections --> lighter cord --> little tension on left ear. When you have interconnections, and you walk, the interconnection is gonna bounce up and down, very irritating. Tension on left ear.

3)sounds the same, if not better. Some people claim ex70 is better, which i kinda agree. negligible however.

4) Looks cool.

5) Makes you unique since it is rare, or rather extinct from the market.

But then again, I havent seen an ex70 new one before. (thats why i bought 2nd hand. Really worth it.). You saw it on Sony Singapore website right? thats outdated.

0.5m is not enough. I measure 1.6m and the cord is only enough to go to the opening of my pocket. aroud 2m at least for an average person to bee able to lift his head up with player in pocket, and still got very little spare.

Edited by lekguan