Sign in to follow this  
heady

Clean power tweak

A cap will let AC pass through but block DC. Since the transformer is supplying AC, if you use a cap, it will cause a short! So please don't use caps to bypass AC power.

Lower impedance? but it's optional, Heady's link shows the setup using one for tat purpose, it says 'the optional capacitor provides an even lower impedance path for noise'. But is it neccessary for AC?

got mine up and running

the 3 beasts:

IPB Image

the diodes and cap.

IPB Image

Verdict.

OH MY GOD! its a must get!. the separation of main singer and those background singers become so clear, so precise. u can hear exactly who is singing. there is no "mixture of voices" and the instruments separation improved dramatically. you could tell instruments apart clearly! There seems to be punchier bass too.

I dont know if its due to the jump from 15VDC supply to 24VDC for the monica or its the filtering in effect. All I know is i am enjoying it.

Time to troubleshoot and finish the JISBOS for SOHA. its giving me alot of problems.

:cry:

Edited by Cloud

Great news cloud. Man, I wish I got time to do this. Got several projects in the queue.

Great news cloud. Man, I wish I got time to do this. Got several projects in the queue.

well at least the stuff are easy to source.

trans available from SLT(get from Bell. I think theirs is the cheapest for 36VA)

diodes and cap all available at koba. I used 3A 40V schottky (1N5822).

the only time consuming part is the casing(as always :doh: )

One thing to take note of. DO NOT install the optional capacitor thats supposed to reduce noise. I used a 1800uF Panasonic FM cap rated at 35V, which should be more than adequte for the setup.

However, I experience short. the cap and the transformer got very hot. Removed it and everything works like a charm.

I contacted yeo about this. waiting for his comments

Edited by Cloud