Sign in to follow this  
samuel

Upgrade options for Sony NWZ-S616 + EX90?

i'm a noob to portable players... just recently got the 616. can this be paired with any portable amps? any options for sound improvement without changing the obvious (player/earphones)? if can add amp, which will be a decent match for this combo? and price?

The only thing other than changing the earphone and amp would be to add an amplifier. Try the iBasso D2 viper or Boa at stereo, rather impressive for the price.

Guest dragonboy

They have a few models to break your wallet. Starting from $179 - $800. Most ibasso range at $100 - $300.

Very impressive but value for money amp.

eventhough u got decent earphones and using amplifier will enhance the music ... i think the more appropriate way (imho) is to upgrade ur earphones first ... get a good earphone of ur liking den use amplifier ... cause the improvement will be way greater

huh... so ex one ah... hmm... maybe will put on hold for the time being ba... have already spent some effort and money on the player and earphones liao, not very willing to invest so much on an auxilliary "non-critical" component. i think for under 200 range, ex90 would be my choice liao. if want better, probably gotta break 300, and even 200+ i would rather go for cans, but that will come later la. 200+ for player, 100+ for earphones.. i guess that's quite enough for casual listening for now since it's not my main mode of music in the 1st place. but will still keep my options open lol...

Edited by samuel

What earphones are you using now? If you have about $200 to spend, then changing the earphones would give you the biggest bang for your money. Then if you want to add amp, can consider later. For sub $200 range, try Denon Ah-C700. I'm using one now, with iBasso P2 and iPod Classic 80G. Sounds sweet to me.

What earphones are you using now? If you have about $200 to spend, then changing the earphones would give you the biggest bang for your money. Then if you want to add amp, can consider later. For sub $200 range, try Denon Ah-C700. I'm using one now, with iBasso P2 and iPod Classic 80G. Sounds sweet to me.

currently using sony ex90, bought around the same time as the player...