Sign in to follow this  
Iappmusic

Akg k81Dj Cable problem,pls help!

Hi friends,need ur help.Just got a new pair of can akg k81dj few months ago & using it as my portable headphone on the move outside.However this 2 days i start having problem with the cable which somethime u have to keep adjusting near the plug as the sound sometime goes only oneside,or very soft.i have encounter this before for my old cans but this is rarely 3 months i hope to rescue it!!

Can anyone pls tell me how to?must i get it recable? or any place that can help me repair it?i got it from jaben do u think they can help?its irritating when u cant enjoy ur music smoothly!:(

Edited by Iappmusic

Guest dragonboy

I think it's just a loose connection at the 3.5mm plug. U can send to SLT

2nd flr.... i think call LHS. But they'll charge u for a termination fee to replace the plug. Alternative u can send to stereo or jaben. Since your k81 is still under warranty, just send directly to the local distributor ASI with your receipt. I think they're located at Outram Road.

I think it's just a loose connection at the 3.5mm plug. U can send to SLT

2nd flr.... i think call LHS. But they'll charge u for a termination fee to replace the plug. Alternative u can send to stereo or jaben. Since your k81 is still under warranty, just send directly to the local distributor ASI with your receipt. I think they're located at Outram Road.

Before you do what dragon has said, check if you have similar problem with other players/source. It can also be the socket of your player. For example, if you have been using a cheap pair of phones with a plug which is just slightly larger. Over time the contacts in the socket will be bent out. Now with the precise size plug, it will have bad contact.

Give it a try and see which is the problem.

Oh, i also got the same problem with my k81DJ before. But that only happened like 1 mth before my warranty ended. Sent back to the local distributer for repairs. Basically, they claim some wire had broken inside and they will solder a new 3.5mm plug for me. And for free since its under warranty.

The catch now is that, the new plug they will solder for you is just some cheapo plastic looking one. So you can say bye bye to seeing the gold plated tip already... They can source for one for you though, but the repairs will take longer and they will charge you extra for that.

Anyway, all this was based on my experience back in May this year. Things may have changed. Gd luck to u, pal.

Oh, i also got the same problem with my k81DJ before. But that only happened like 1 mth before my warranty ended. Sent back to the local distributer for repairs. Basically, they claim some wire had broken inside and they will solder a new 3.5mm plug for me. And for free since its under warranty.

The catch now is that, the new plug they will solder for you is just some cheapo plastic looking one. So you can say bye bye to seeing the gold plated tip already... They can source for one for you though, but the repairs will take longer and they will charge you extra for that.

Anyway, all this was based on my experience back in May this year. Things may have changed. Gd luck to u, pal.

does'nt LHS be able to solder the jack also? since they can do IC Cable?

does'nt LHS be able to solder the jack also? since they can do IC Cable?

Well, i assume so. Bottomline is to pay then... Up to individual to make their choice.