Check it out!

iBasso D3

IPB Image

Main Features:

- Wolfson WM8740 DAC Chip + TI PCM2706

- USB signal input, provides I2S interface for decoding

- 4ch Amp architecture

- Line out function, allow it to work as a standalone USB-DAC

- 2-Setting Gain Switch for impedance matching (+3/10dB)

- Powered by 5 AAA batteries. With 5 AAA alkaline, the play time is longer than 100 hours

- Measures 55*21*92mm, and weighs 130g

Looks pretty good. Must give it a go when SE has it in.

Guest dragonboy

Check it out!

iBasso D3

IPB Image

Main Features:

- Wolfson WM8740 DAC Chip + TI PCM2706

- USB signal input, provides I2S interface for decoding

- 4ch Amp architecture

- Line out function, allow it to work as a standalone USB-DAC

- 2-Setting Gain Switch for impedance matching (+3/10dB)

- Powered by 5 AAA batteries. With 5 AAA alkaline, the play time is longer than 100 hours

- Measures 55*21*92mm, and weighs 130g

Looks pretty good. Must give it a go when SE has it in.

AAA batteries??? interesting... But didn't seem to see that at stereo yet. :think:

It is released by Ibasso a few days ago only.

So need to wait a while before Stereo get his stock on it.

I would love to try it as well. :)

Edited by dle4e_2005

Actually you no need to worry about this too much as the battery life is higher than 100hrs.

So let say you use it 5hrs per day,you will need to charge the battery every 20 days.

So you won't need to charge batteries the batteries often.

How the LineOut work.

The input jack becomes to line out when the USB is connected.

If you only need the standalone DAC, you neither need to turn on the D3, nor need to insert the battery, once the USB is connected, you can have the line out.

How the LineOut work.

The input jack becomes to line out when the USB is connected.

If you only need the standalone DAC, you neither need to turn on the D3, nor need to insert the battery, once the USB is connected, you can have the line out.

The amp is then purely driven by batts? Won't be possible to have the usb connected, without batts whilst still having the amp enabled? No option of having the amp powered by usb ?

Guest dragonboy

The amp is then purely driven by batts? Won't be possible to have the usb connected, without batts whilst still having the amp enabled? No option of having the amp powered by usb ?

Nope, unfortunately the amp portion can only be driven by batteries only. USB only power the DAC section to the Line-out for your multi-media speakers without passing through the amp section of the D3.

Saw the D3 at stereo yesterday but it isn't up for sale yet as they're burning-in the amplifier.

Nope, unfortunately the amp portion can only be driven by batteries only. USB only power the DAC section to the Line-out for your multi-media speakers without passing through the amp section of the D3.

Saw the D3 at stereo yesterday but it isn't up for sale yet as they're burning-in the amplifier.

Even with batteries is there a path from usb->dac->amp out ? Or is the usb->dac totally independent of the amp ?

just came back from stereo.

Aron what the total burn in hours for the D3 demo set?

i a-b the demo D3 with my own D3(arnd 250 hrs burn in) and shockingly the demo D3 >>> my D3 :o

looks like mine need to burn in somemore. soundstage widen and much more airy at arnd 250hrs (couldnt believe my ears at first)

the demo D3 soundstage even wider den my D3. :(

Guest dragonboy

i a-b the demo D3 with my own D3(arnd 250 hrs burn in) and shockingly the demo D3 >>> my D3 :o

looks like mine need to burn in somemore. soundstage widen and much more airy at arnd 250hrs (couldnt believe my ears at first)

Check out the batteries you use coz I can hear a significant difference when using rechargable batt or Duracell batt. IQube with eneloop batt seems to lack some dynamic & restrain on the soundstage.

I have only burn it in for 200 hrs before putting it on the shelf for testing, so I'm sure it clocked more time than that.

Burning in is sometimes not just the hours but a matter of how the process was done but like Dragonboy said, if you are using rechargable batteries on your D3, try switching to Alkaline batteries like Duracell or Energizer.

I have only burn it in for 200 hrs before putting it on the shelf for testing, so I'm sure it clocked more time than that.

Burning in is sometimes not just the hours but a matter of how the process was done but like Dragonboy said, if you are using rechargable batteries on your D3, try switching to Alkaline batteries like Duracell or Energizer.

Actually what is burn in mean?