Sign in to follow this  
adn6244

Down size Pot ..what resistor value to increase?

Hello,

I need help...what's new :bash:

I bought the amp from Dr Meier Meier Audio but the problem is now finding the Alps 100k pot!! I tried many places except koba, the pot is really difficult to get.

While I have spare 10k pot from the old projects, I don't know how to increase the resistor value to compensate for the decrease in pot's resistance. :no:

I read this ohm's law but which resistor to change

The diagram is attached or can be found in the above link...all help is greatly appreciated! :cans::party:

[attachmentid=4008]

Corda.bmp

Edited by adn6244

100K pot can find easy but whether size is ok or not as quite big. Go to Well Audio in Burlington and look for Franky. He stock the Alps RK27 series pots.

Thanks Bro heady and alvin.

The pot is the RK097 ie the one used in Mini3, 8 pins with built in switch not the big blue pot. I have both Mini 3 10k pot and the big blue pot.

I'll try Well Audio in these 2 days :smoke::thumbup:

Thanks Bro heady and alvin.

The pot is the RK097 ie the one used in Mini3, 8 pins with built in switch not the big blue pot. I have both Mini 3 10k pot and the big blue pot.

I'll try Well Audio in these 2 days :smoke::thumbup:

Wells Audio sell only the RK27 big blue pot not the smaller switched RK097. At least I have not seen him sell this smaller one. So you may need to do some creative air-wiring.

went to koba after lunch...searched for 30 minutes..they don't have the 100kx2 pot that has 8 pins like the Alps. Those that they have are either 6 pins or the size is too big or only 100k pot with 6 pins and no built in switch. I'll try Well later.

Thanks for the suggestion so far.

Another alternate solution is to increase the resistor value...is this worth trying? Do I change R15/16 pr R11/12?

If the voltage is 4.5v to either channel (?), is this the max voltage that will flow thru?

Pardon my layman words I don't have the elec eng background to quote it in the smarter manner and still desperately trying to find something that may work. :party:

Edited by adn6244