Sign in to follow this  
feesh

DIY i/c

hi, i'm looking to make my own i/c. currently using cheapo radio shack i/c and i think its affecting my systems overall sound.

does anyone have any recommendations on the cable/rca plugs? where i can get them and price too if possible?

thanks in advance!

yeah. i'm thinking of getting canare/belden cables. has anyone tried using single core wires to make i/cs? what about the rca plugs? any recommendations?

yeah. i'm thinking of getting canare/belden cables. has anyone tried using single core wires to make i/cs? what about the rca plugs? any recommendations?

Either LHS in Sim Lim Tower or Koba @ People's Park.

They can make up any length of cables for you. But only LHS has Nuerik and Carnare plugs. Koba does have a very nice Silver plated RCA plug.

Hi all, thanks for all the help and replies. i got myself some canare cables and plugs. Sounds so much better than my off-the-counter RCA cables that i used before. and it looks good too. hehe. (:

Hi all, thanks for all the help and replies. i got myself some canare cables and plugs. Sounds so much better than my off-the-counter RCA cables that i used before. and it looks good too. hehe. (:

so you had made your cable alr?

show us lei, btw, where you got it?

when i went to slt on saturday (stuck in camp from mon - fri), LHS wasnt opened, so i went to an uncle's shop nearby. for 8 rca plugs and 4m worth of cable, it cost me $36

heres a pic of the i/c on my LD MK2. (:

IPB Image

when i went to slt on saturday (stuck in camp from mon - fri), LHS wasnt opened, so i went to an uncle's shop nearby. for 8 rca plugs and 4m worth of cable, it cost me $36

heres a pic of the i/c on my LD MK2. (:

IPB Image

Do they customise cables? Thinking of making one hybrid for my FreQ Shows

Do they customise cables? Thinking of making one hybrid for my FreQ Shows

hmm. i'm not entirely sure. i just bought the plugs and cable and soldered it myself. but i saw the uncle had a soldering iron in his shop, i suppose he does make customised ones.