Sign in to follow this  
joshielim

looking for tube amp around $200+

really new into this... found a couple of tube amps with pretty good reviews. so am looking into little dot mk2 or mk3. Anyone have better recommendations?? And also anyone know where i can get the little dot amp here in singapore and test it out??

look at the announcement and offers section, there is a guy who carries them

Edited by wkwlb

how do the little dot sound?

I own the little dot mk3...all i can say it is really bang for buck sound quality is great and there are quite a handful of tubes for you to roll around. I am using it as a preamp to my power amp. Currently i am using tungsol tubes on the mk3 and i must say the sound is superb. I am now saving up for the new little dot 1+.

how about mk2 how does it sounds anyone knows??? for about 100 bucks cheaper am actually considering the mk2. But was wondering is there as much possibilities of tube rolling as compared to mk3. And the ease of getting the tubes here in singapore

how about mk2 how does it sounds anyone knows??? for about 100 bucks cheaper am actually considering the mk2. But was wondering is there as much possibilities of tube rolling as compared to mk3. And the ease of getting the tubes here in singapore

30 pages for you to read bro.... :DD

As for the tubes its pretty hard to get here but plentiful in ebay where i got most of it... why not save another 100 and get the mk3?

little dot mk2

Edited by roastroys

so are u saying u can get your mk3 tubes here in singapore easily?? So where did you get your mk3 from??

You can get it in singapore but its really limited. And its not cheap but its best get over ebay where i get most of the tube from. I have recently just purchase 4 pairs of power tubes over ebay. As for where to get the mk3 look under the sales section and look for monsterlim he should have ready unit for sale. Reliable and efficient guy i am say. I am now saving up for the new LD1+....its a hybrid amp its small and good for bedside. And this will be my replacement for my MK3 as I am using it as a preamp to my speaker system.

i own the mk2. and i am very happy with how it sounds. i'm running mine through mullard ef95 and it sounds fantastic. if you're starting out and have a tight budget, the little dot mk2 will work for you. as for tube rolling, pm me and we can discuss something out. (:

Have you got 6CG7 or 6FQ7 Japanese make?

Nope i dont...but i think i saw some at Coba Peoples park....

If you need tubes for little dot mk3 or Mk2 i do have some

Nope i dont...but i think i saw some at Coba Peoples park....

If you need tubes for little dot mk3 or Mk2 i do have some

Is Coba the shop located at the ground floor of People's Park pls? I need the tubes for my stax T1s amp.

Edited by Tubeman