Sign in to follow this  
Audioflux

Amp for ATH W1000

sghound,

You are so right, they look so georgeous together. Who care about the sound? Just looking at them together is already so over-whelming. :))

Just kidding, I am very sure they sound heavenly together. I haven't heard the W1000 but have heard yotiao's Yamamoto and is familiar with AT's house sound.

Good recommendation.

You may like to bring your W1000 to Alpha Audio, Adephi, and try it on. Because the w1000 is so efficient it can match with most amp. Yeah, the X-can, being a well-known tube-hybrid amp, works well with w1000. A reasonably good cdp does play a part also. While you are there you might as well go to Jaben and try out whatever they have. I think the inexpensive Figaro is worth a listening to. Here we go again! :unsure:

A direct w1000-amp-cdp route is desirable. But, you really have to decide for yourself whether this is the sound for you. I think the newer v8 is a bit pricey with an additional usb-mp4 output over the v3. I read the two versions are basically the same. Again, nothing like hearing it out! cheers :))