jason_

recommend me an IEM!

new here so pardon me.

budget around $150. and IEM with good build quality. currently using Creative EP-630.

heard of Ultimate Ears' Metro.fi 2 and Westone UM1. I need some comments and recommendations as I dont know much.

going down to Jaben on thurs. I need to narrow down to those within my requirements before going down. I don't think I have much time to choose. I only have like 3 hours there.

Thanks in advance

Edited by jason_

Hi,

I tried both the Westone UM-1 and Audio Technica CK-7. Both have their merits. The UM-1 is very natural sounding, with very refined and liquid smooth midrange and treble. Very nice for vocals. However the downside is that it has close to no bass. Soundstage is very good, as are the low-level details. If you are used to the EP-630, you may not like the UM-1.

The CK-7 has much better bass, but the trade off is the relatively inferior (to the UM-1) midrange/treble. Soundstage and details are not as good, but I think overall it sounds "fuller" to me.

I guess you have to try both (and possibly more) then make a decision.

Regards

CK

thanks guys. anyway, I bought the UM1 yesterday. bass wise I find UM1's bass is better. not as boomy as ep-630. more detail on UM1 yeah.

Guest fiiophile

thanks guys. anyway, I bought the UM1 yesterday. bass wise I find UM1's bass is better. not as boomy as ep-630. more detail on UM1 yeah.

Ya, same, I find UM1 very detailed.

Guest Hottopic

3. Audio Technica ATH-CK7

I'll recommend the ATH-CK7, but I wonder how will do they compare to to the new ATH-CKM70

The usual must try,

1. Westone UM1

2. UE superfi 3 studio

3. Audio Technica ATH-CK7

4. Shure SE110

5. Klipsch Custom 1

Have fun....

Might I add on my absolute favourite to this list: Etymotic Research ER-4 :yes: (or its cheaper brother ER-6)

Ya, same, I find UM1 very detailed.

Hohoho you love details? Look up :etys:

Edited by peanutbutterjam

Guest Hottopic

The CK-7 has much better bass, but the trade off is the relatively inferior (to the UM-1) midrange/treble. Soundstage and details are not as good, but I think overall it sounds "fuller" to me.

I would agree these phones provide some quality of the bass. For the price, I'm happy with the sound stage

Yeah ER-4 is still a fav among many after so many years

how does it compare with the ck7?

thinking of changing from ck7 to atrios but if er4 fits the bill...