Guest jacj6049

koss spark plug mod?

Guest jacj6049

goin to get a pair spark plug soon,so any mod can inprove clarity?cos this ear bud is kinda boomy :helpsmilie:

regards

Guest jacj6049

haha!!sorry guys!!n audio technica SQ5 too!!!it's got a "box-in"sound!!hope can mod to sound better

Guest jacj6049

wow!!no problem!!!ya must be a headphone mod expert!!!then ya got koss spark plug n ksc75 not?can pm me for the price?thanks!!

No expert really, but modding is fun and a successful mod just bring the enjoyment to another level. I have dismantled it to the naked driver and still at the scratching head stage.

SQ5 loh, went to shop just now after reading this thread to get a brand new sq5 and bump into tassardar who was there to test the Ultrasone hfi780.

Tried a mod on sq5 when it first release but wasn't successful, so you can say its my second attempt.

Guest jacj6049

ha!dun noe!!they from stereo rite?i like this shop!!!friendly n i always get the rite price?ha!!morgan,y ya ask like tat?

No lah, coz i think the one replying is Aron from Stereo. Thats why he got the luxury of just 'picking' the headphone 'up' and mod it. :grin:

Its great that hes interested in the same mod as you do. He can provide very valuable insights. Make sure to squeeze as much info as you can out of him, :P

Yeah, i like Stereo too. Gives me a cosy feeling.

Guest jacj6049

ha i noe ored!!thanks morgan!!the 1st pair headphone i buy is from there!!!it was abt 6 years ago!!it's a audio technicaath fc7!!retired ored cos the head band is spoilt!!goin to find a replacement soon!!!now,here's a big thanks to aron!!!!

Just finish phase 1, now running in the headphone with some mods done however I'm still unsure if its better or worst because my ears are tired, my eyes are tired and I had too much JD while modding... maybe I'll continue tomorrow and see how.

Guest jacj6049

ah?aron!!ya mod until 2 am ah?tat's must be very hard to ya!!ha!!!ya're very yashashi neh!!!i'm grateful :thumbup:

Guest jacj6049

modding SQ5 now,dismantle the driver now,noe tat de driver got it's own chamber"enclosure?"only got 1 hole to vent :huh:??then aron,wat kinda mod ya've done ored?

I think I got it. But need to re-do a finalized one tomorrow after a few more tests, throw this one away because the I screwed up the left speaker while tweaking the internal of it, the AT magnet made me drive a screwdriver into the it, now there's a 2mm hole in it. :doh: Even with the hole, the SQ5 sounds very musical to me, but I might be overly tired modding this since last night.

Once I've finish that, 3 days of burn-in and compared it with something twice its price. :grin:

Edited by Stereo_Electronics