Sign in to follow this  
dennis28288

IC:custom ear molds

Me and my friend will be making custom ear molds for our earphones from westone. According to stereo, it is possible to share shipping if we can send together. As of the last time i went to stereo shipping by fedex cost 100 for the trip there and back. If more were to share, cost of shipping will go down to by quite a large margin as compared to paying the full 100 for 1 set of molds. Interested parties, please pm me.

my bro just did his for the ACS. You have to make a ear impression from a certified audiogist, and then, bring to Stereo, whereby they will send it for you. My bro did his for $60 (2 ears).

Guest dragonboy

my bro just did his for the ACS. You have to make a ear impression from a certified audiogist, and then, bring to Stereo, whereby they will send it for you. My bro did his for $60 (2 ears).

One in Ngee Ann City only charge $40 for both ears.

Went down to stereo 2 weeks back and they told me a custom make earphone cost about $1k+..is it true?

Yes its true, and depending on model can be closer to 2k.

Welcome to customs my friend :lol:

Yes its true, and depending on model can be closer to 2k.

Welcome to customs my friend :lol:

But what is earphone they use inside? don't know if shure SE530 have custom or not??

I have moved this thread to Portables and so all of you can discuss to your hearts' content.

I have moved this thread to Portables and so all of you can discuss to your hearts' content.

err... I started this thread to find someone to share the shipping for our earmolds, not really to discuss about them... what peanut butter jam meant was to start another thread on the portables section so that people can talk about them. Thanks to heady anyway for the good intentions and quick reaction. Not much of an issue though cos i can easily start another one to look for people wanting to get the molds.

to stephan, yes there is and its from westone too, so u can participate if u are interested.

Edited by dennis28288

err... I started this thread to find someone to share the shipping for our earmolds, not really to discuss about them... what peanut butter jam meant was to start another thread on the portables section so that people can talk about them. Thanks to heady anyway for the good intentions and quick reaction. Not much of an issue though cos i can easily start another one to look for people wanting to get the molds.

to stephan, yes there is and its from westone too, so u can participate if u are interested.

Bro, sorry that I hijack you thread. I wanted to but they don't have it for shure..I want to do i for a Shure SE530

Guest dragonboy

Bro, sorry that I hijack you thread. I wanted to but they don't have it for shure..I want to do i for a Shure SE530

You can only fit custom sleeves on to the Shure SE530. Which means you go an audiologist to make an ear impression.... a process which they put material like soft clay into your ears and wait for it to solidify and you'll get YOUR ear impression. But before you have your impression done, you have to decide which brand of custom sleeves you're going for. The ACS custom sleeves uses soft silicon, very flexible and soft, comfortable.... but you'll need to let the audiologist know that you need it to be a close-jaw impression.

For Westone custom sleeves, hard vinyl, harder, doesn't wrap the SE-530, you need to make a open-jaw impression.

In simple terms custom sleeves are like a cover custom to your ears hence better seal, isolation, comfort also means better soundquality at lower volume.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I had my ACS T1 done at stereo by Teng. You can check with him or aron. They'll be happy to answer your queries. :grin:

Edited by dragonboy

hey, not a problem bro, i realise that with the thread here, i can still get potential "interested parties". PM me if u are really interested in sharing the shipping with us, i'll try and get the prices for you.