Sign in to follow this  
HisashiX

What headphone should i buy?

i want to buy a pair of portable headphones when i'm on the go, in school and at home. i just recently wanted to buy a pair cause i wanted a change from using earphones. anyway i've been looking around on the net and i have absolutely 0% of knowledge of these stuff so i thought of asking for an opinion from someone here. my budget is around 400 max? i heard about audio technica ES7, ESW9 and ESW10. and i was deciding between ES7 and ESW9 cause i have a weakness for stylish headphones.. i roughly know i do not want a pair that leaks or something like that. i'm a newbie at this so please do give me guidance and your suggestions on a good pair of headphones.

Edited by HisashiX

Hi,

If you talk about using them on the bus or train, these portable cans are not going to isolate very well. I tried using my ESW10 on the bus but the isolation is pretty poor, especially when you sit at the rear near the engine.

My advice is, if you can stand sticking things into your ears, get an IEM instead. Those will provide good isolation and still sound good. The headphones you mentioned are better for stationary use in quieter areas, eg, library, home, etc.

Regards.

I think giving this thread a read will do some good.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=9300

I'd recomend giving the Senn HD25-1 II a try.

If it is between ES7 and ESW9 I'd pick ES7 coz the isolation for me is better, but a word of caution, the ES7 is extremely uncomfortable to hang around the neck unless your neck is very long.

:D

HD25 not very stylish looking though... please add the Audio technica ANC7 in your list.

Its the better sounding noise canceling headphones out there, sound wise I will say its between the ES7 and ESW9 but comfort and isolation above them.

To me the ES7 has 4 issues - Fingerprints, sound quality (subjective),comfort and isolation. Personally I will pick the ANC7 because they don't have the above issues plus

+ Free case

+ Airline plug provided

+ Noise canceling function which you can switch off if you don't want

+ Cheaper than ESW9

Just my 2cents

Edited by [J]-ohn

wow. thanks for all your suggestions! i really appreciate it. :D by the way, where can i check the prices of the ATH-ANC7 and ESW9? or does anyone know their current prices? i heard reviews about the ESW9's plastic hinge breaking when they were folding it and they weren't rough with it, did it happen to anyone here?

Edited by HisashiX

Guest dragonboy

Hi,

If you talk about using them on the bus or train, these portable cans are not going to isolate very well. I tried using my ESW10 on the bus but the isolation is pretty poor, especially when you sit at the rear near the engine.

My advice is, if you can stand sticking things into your ears, get an IEM instead. Those will provide good isolation and still sound good. The headphones you mentioned are better for stationary use in quieter areas, eg, library, home, etc.

Regards.

ESW10 is cool and fantastic.... but way over his budget,bro. I think the ESW9 would be easier for him to digest.

Edited by dragonboy

wow. thanks for all your suggestions! i really appreciate it. :D by the way, where can i check the prices of the ATH-ANC7 and ESW9? or does anyone know their current prices? i heard reviews about the ESW9's plastic hinge breaking when they were folding it and they weren't rough with it, did it happen to anyone here?

hmmm, for pricing, why nt make a trip down to stereo? then see what's they have for their promotion!