Sign in to follow this  
stephen chung

custom make earphone

Maybe this will give you a better picture:

Those IEMs with interchangeable tips are known as "Universal" IEMs. It can be bought off the shelf and ANYONE can use it. However, you can also make Custom tips to fit onto them. The Custom tips can be taken away from the IEMs as and when you like. That also makes it possible for you to sell you IEM when you want to in the future.

"Full Custom" IEMS are those with integrated drivers. The Drivers are sealed into the Custom Ear Mold and are not removable. Full Custom IEMs are very personal and can only be used be the user whose ear fits the Mold. They cannot be bought off the shelf and must have the user's ear impressions be taken by a certified audiologist before the earphone maker can actually produce the IEM.

Hope this helps.

Edited by palestofwhite

Maybe this will give you a better picture:

Those IEMs with interchangeable tips are known as "Universal" IEMs. It can be bought off the shelf and ANYONE can use it. However, you can also make Custom tips to fit onto them. The Custom tips can be taken away from the IEMs as and when you like. That also makes it possible for you to sell you IEM when you want to in the future.

"Full Custom" IEMS are those with integrated drivers. The Drivers are sealed into the Custom Ear Mold and are not removable. Full Custom IEMs are very personal and can only be used be the user whose ear fits the Mold. They cannot be bought off the shelf and must have the user's ear impressions be taken by a certified audiologist before the earphone maker can actually produce the IEM.

Hope this helps.

okok got it now....I think I better go for the custom sleeve...bcos it seems like shure don't have full custom for their products..

Thx

okok got it now....I think I better go for the custom sleeve...bcos it seems like shure don't have full custom for their products..

Thx

dude, if u have decided to go for customs sleeves and want to save on the shipping, please pm me.

Bascially to clear your doubts, the shure 530's are what is called IEMs. The iPod stock earphones are what is normally called earbuds.

In layman terms all the above is generally termed as earphones, but we usually want to make a distinction between them and hence the naming.

And btw bro, if you haven't got your shure 530 yet, I'd recommend you try around first before settling for potentially one of the most expensive IEMs avaliable. A typical list of "must-try", westone 3, UM-2, UE TF 10, Atrios, Klipsch Image.

And of course, ER-4 :prettyprincess:

Just came back from Jaben. have tried a couple fo IEMs and Amps...Westone3 with Amp also still don't impress me at all..but ER4s is good but it needs an amp to drive it and it too detailing..So, I'll still go for SE530. But will get the ER4S later..

The Amp I have try RSA Hornet , Tomahawk, ordence XXXXXXx, and 1 small 1 with bass control...So, far not of these amp really impress me except the little one bass control bcos of the bass control I can play with...Donno what amps to buy now...wanted to try the SR71A but no demo set..see how Mini3 performs first..

Mini3 with er4s is a good combination too by the way.

oh..ok....ER4S impedance is high and it a bit too taxing for portable Amps..IMO....But will get the ER4S some day...

hi...sorry im a noob myself...if i want to make custom sleves...i just have to go to an audiologist to get it done is it?...do i still have to go to stereo?

Guest dragonboy

Why not reshell your earphones?? Custom sleeves aren't that economical and isolation are not as good as reshell customs and price are about similar.

thanks blackmouth...how mmuch will stereo charge then for custom sleeves?...

eh,, no idea, maybe you can make a trip down to see? they have ACS custom sleeves and westone um56( for westone only)

Guest dragonboy

sorry dude...wat do u mean by reshelling it?...and how do i do it and where?...thanks again

Reshell is by UM. they open up your earphones and refit into a custom, not just a custom tips.

my new toy

Edited by dragonboy