hi guys,

I need recomendation for good AMP + IC,

currently I'm using iPOD Touch 2G + Westone 3,

and wish to improve the sound even more if possible,

so I need a recomendation for a good AMPs + IC,

my budget for AMP + IC probably $400,

so any recomendation?

Thanks.

Yet to hear it with Predator. Best to drop by Jaben to listen to all RSA amps and judge for yourself. Matching of amp and iem is very subjective. Audition will give you a better idea what you really want.

tried iBasso D3 Phyton, the sound become quite good oh yeah baby! lol

as for IQube, its kinda big to carry it around IMO, SQ wise very good but quite trouble some, also from money aspect kinda expensive unh...

yet to audition PICO again as no time to go Jaben busy days duh...

maybe will go tmr, friday evening. hopefully won't poison me lol

Edited by Juunishinshou

Of all the amps i've tried and owned so far, my preference is for the Meier 2Move or 3Move which i'm currently using. The amp portions of these two amps are the same, just comestic differences. Compared to the Predator, the Mustang, the Tomahawk, the iQube, this amp is very musical, and smoothens out the music, no harshness in the sound. My personal preference. My next favorite would be the iQube.

You should be able to get the 2Move from Meier within your budget, if that is still too expsneive, you can consider the Meier Headsix.

I don't know about the rest, but a Petite + IC is a pretty decent starter amp and well within your budget. Give me a buzz if you want to audition.

Guest dragonboy

For around $400 for amp + IC.... I'll recommend you to try out the Ibasso P3 heron, though Iqube would still be my choice, of course we always have to look into our wallet.

Ibasso have very good value for money amplifiers. For that price that they're price, performance are pretty incredible. :thumbup: With the option to roll the opamp, you'll be surprised how much you can push this giant to the next level!

IPB Image

iBasso P3

Portable Headphone Amp

Main Features:

- Four Channel + Buffer architecture

- Totally 8 gold-plated DIP sockets for opamps and buffers rolling

- 2-Setting Gain Jumper for impedance matching

- Two 3300uf NCC big capacitances.