alixandart

help needed,buying headphones for father

hi guys..my father is not an audiophile, i am also not...but he does love music alot..he particularly likes country music and enjoys songs with gd bass..

he listens to it on his onkyo setup which he bought 17years ago..

i am hoping to buy him a decent headphones so that he does not blast his country music all night long when my mum's sleeping..(he has a sickening habit of doing that)

can anyone recommend me something for country music and to use on his onkyo...my budget is about 200 max...

thks!

Guest dragonboy

hi guys..my father is not an audiophile, i am also not...but he does love music alot..he particularly likes country music and enjoys songs with gd bass..

he listens to it on his onkyo setup which he bought 17years ago..

i am hoping to buy him a decent headphones so that he does not blast his country music all night long when my mum's sleeping..(he has a sickening habit of doing that)

can anyone recommend me something for country music and to use on his onkyo...my budget is about 200 max...

thks!

How about this,bro??? IPB ImageIPB ImageGoldring DR100

Hi I believe you need CLOSED cans if your dad is listening at night. Open cans would still let you share his music experience. :shocking:

For two hundred you have a few choices. My advise try to get the most COMFORTABLE of the bunch if you plan to give it to your dad. Some recommendations would be Denon 1001, JVC RX700, Entry Level Beyers and AKGs. =)

altho i'm risking a bombing by fellow headfi enthusiasts here, i would say get a wireless one since he's nt an audiophile per se. This way he can move abt, sit wherever he wants, and even use it for watching tv or fall asleep in bed using it.

I think wireless headsets hv come a long way in terms of sound quality and design...so it shd more than suffice for his kind of usage, w/o the associated high cost of audiophile sets..

Guest dragonboy

altho i'm risking a bombing by fellow headfi enthusiasts here, i would say get a wireless one since he's nt an audiophile per se. This way he can move abt, sit wherever he wants, and even use it for watching tv or fall asleep in bed using it.

I think wireless headsets hv come a long way in terms of sound quality and design...so it shd more than suffice for his kind of usage, w/o the associated high cost of audiophile sets..

below $200 with good performance wireless are rare. Philips have one radio frequency wireless so yr dad can walk around without affecting his music. Sennheiser RS85 is going for abt slightly below $400 and probably one the more decent sounding ones. Of course, I'll still stand by WIRED headphones :party:

thks guys...just curious..i went to jaben yesterday..and i tested the denon 1001..but that thing looks quite errrr...ugly u know. No offense, but the sound is superb to me...all cool looking ones are expensive is it?the goldring is better than the 1001?

ya..the wireless is ideal, but 400 is outta range for a blue collared worker like me...

He may not be an audiophile but given the chance to hear the difference between wired and wireless, which do u think he would prefer? I think the wired would definitely be a better choice.

dun forget. As a person age his hearing deteriorates. (Nt saying his father is old) hence he may nt be so discerning as some of u may be.

Furthermore, after all these years and he hasnt gone to the Dark Side, i risk a guess that he would prefer wireless freedom to audiophile quality. Strictly my humble opinion of course. :-)