Sign in to follow this  
fishball79

KOSS - The Plug, KSC-35, KSC-50

How come no one has commented on this good looking isolating ear plugs? Are they far worse than Sony's EX70LP?

Actually I'm interested to look for a pair of BUDGET discrete earphones for music on the go and in school labs/library, what do u guys reccomend?

Edited by fishball79

not much talk abt it. I bet most have not tried it. Personally I've never tried it too.. but some has commented that it's actually quite on par if not slightly inferior to sony ex70

whichever you decide to go should be fine. I think the plug is cheaper but sony more widely available.

The Plug use some foam material which is known to disintegrated over time. As such not lasting.

I think silicon is more ccomfortable and sony's ex70 isolates more as well. Plus the sony casing is more portable.

If you can find EX70 will be better. IMO.

If you like bass its for you.

Edited by lekguan

Koss.. the Plugh...

Boomy, overloaded bass, thick, syrupy midrange... and a treble that is sibilant, and also has a very steep roll off...

all in all, nasty nasty, nasty...

Stay away!

KSC 35 sounds better. I heard KSC 55 is similar to KSC35. KSC50 fits less tight as compared to the other 2 mentioned. If you don't mind neckband I would recommend KSC55, else go for KSC35. Not in Singapore though, try ur luck in the MO, see if still can include ur name

It is mentioned that the KSC35 and KSC50 have the same driver, I dispute this fact heavily...

After first having the KSC50, and it breaking within 30 seconds of putting them on my head, and then the sound just generally sucking, I opened them up, and had a look... there was a silver finish driver inside.

Now, going backwards (in heierachy terms) to the 35s, the sound is a lot better, although the fit isn't quite as comfortable to my ears (quite painful removing them after an extended listen) - so, I took the pads off, and there is a transparent diaphragm inside...

So... if nothing else, all tech specs aside, that tells me that the weight of the diaphragm is different... and seeing that you don't need to clip these on your ears to hear them, why would two so identical drivers end up sounding so different?

Koss tried to re-invent the 35s in a more trendy, user-appreciative form... but got it wrong

Go 35s! laugh.gif

I also suspect so.. the sound is abit different. I haven't heard the ksc 50 , but ksc55 has less bass, and sound more airy

ksc-35's bass is more prominent.

Do you mean closed headphone? No, they are open.

Damn, am looking for something that won't disturb others in school lab... if not i'd be using my grados cans already... any other suggestion?

Senn PX200?