Sign in to follow this  
sputnikmoments

Headphones <$200

then i guess ES7 is the best buy,at least to me...as a portable headphone and home headphone,it can be used.

Guest dragonboy

How does ES7 compare to Denon 1001? Coz from what I read, these two are always recommended together.

ES7 press on your ears, whereas the 1001 covers your ears well :cans: . Try both of them together would be easier for you to choose.

Guest jacj6049

halo fren!!within $200,jus go for ATH-M50,suitable for the genre ya listen as well!!

but not too portable...i guess?D1001 and es7 is the best bet you can go for.

but not too portable...i guess?D1001 and es7 is the best bet you can go for.

try them out at SE and you will know!

Both have different set of characterist that i can say.

The denon slightly focus on the mid (Drum set)

While the ES7 give very much into the high (vocal)

Ok, I went and got myself an ES7. However, I find that it can be abit uncomfortable to use. My ears will feel slightly painful after awhile. Is this normal for someone using earphones for the first time?

Guest dragonboy

Ok, I went and got myself an ES7. However, I find that it can be abit uncomfortable to use. My ears will feel slightly painful after awhile. Is this normal for someone using earphones for the first time?

Normal to be tight when they're new. Flex them on a big book to loosen up the headband would be helpful. But generally ES7 isn't the most comfortable headphone you can find as it presses on your ears. :cans:

I also recommend the JVC RX700 for it's price, comfort and sound. Look decent too.

Edited by ical