Sign in to follow this  
deathg0d

Very Very Noob problem

Hi guys, well i am relatively new in the arena of home rig and i acquired a DV3322 yesterday but upong connecting it up through my imod>vcap tftf>DV 3322>K702 i was slap in the face with the following problem

1. huge channel imbalance on k702. the left channel can only produce like about 50% of right channel volume at max means to say, i turn left channel vol knob to max it only sound like right channel vol set at 12 o'clock

2. need to listen at very high vol and the bass is not even punchy though its there

so i initially suspected that the dv322 is faulty, so i plug in my ue 11 instead and found no problems at all and the vol knob are totally in sync left and right not going over more then 9 o'clock position

and so again i suspected it must be k702 faulty thus i put it into my larocco pr ii and match the left/right sound several times and found they are perfectly alright and sound image are totally in center.

eventually i believe that the imod is unable to produce enough power to dv3322 and i not very sure what are the options that are best and hope to seek some pros opinions.

do i

a. get a preamp and connect the imod to it?

b. get a dac and use source from pc?

hope i dont annoy anyone with my noobest questions of the year as i my pretty brain dry lately doing my company servers for the region so cant think properly. :D

has the dv3322 been known to be able to drive the k702 properly? Since it's an amp by itself with it's own power supply i don't think the imod is the source of the problem.

you'll probably need a more powerful amp?

has the dv3322 been known to be able to drive the k702 properly? Since it's an amp by itself with it's own power supply i don't think the imod is the source of the problem.

you'll probably need a more powerful amp?

well it can drive hd650 and reported by many that it can drive k701 :blink:

Try without the caps? :P

yup did that i basically used the headphone out and it is the same on k702 but on ue11 everything works fine. i tried other player as well and same

so i am now not sure what is wrong, is k702 damage? but if it is, it will not sound balance on any other amps right?

is dv3322 damage? if it is, then ue11 will produce the similar result of a inbalance channel right? but it does not.

I might be wrong so correct me if necessary.

I suspect it is the low sensitivity of the AKG 702, and from your explaination, it is unlikely that the darkvoice is capable of driving the 702 to even it's minimum requirements.

Maybe impedance mismatch?

-ohn' date='25 Mar 2009, 09:57 AM' post='109563']

I might be wrong so correct me if necessary.

I suspect it is the low sensitivity of the AKG 702, and from your explaination, it is unlikely that the darkvoice is capable of driving the 702 to even it's minimum requirements.

Maybe impedance mismatch?

strangely, the seller is using k701 and hd650 on this and is working, in headfi godkin reviews, some other k701 users also reported it can drive, so headache, am i right to say my source could be the problem?

strangely, the seller is using k701 and hd650 on this and is working, in headfi godkin reviews, some other k701 users also reported it can drive, so headache, am i right to say my source could be the problem?

Right now. have a cry for help w/ anyone w/ a K701 or 702. And try it out. If the same for the ones you borrowed. I believe you need to try a non recabled 70x to validate your findings. :think:

To rule out your imod. Can you borrow a CDP or even your DVD player at home and just use it as a source. ;)