zedane

Any recommendation for a earpiece thats suitable for all / wide genre

Budget probably around <SGD 400. Wouldn't want a second hand item! thanks ;)

Don't know much about my preferred sound signature coz I'm pretty noob in this area but really appreciate good quality music so yeah =) Any recommendations?!?

Budget probably around <SGD 400. Wouldn't want a second hand item! thanks ;)

Don't know much about my preferred sound signature coz I'm pretty noob in this area but really appreciate good quality music so yeah =) Any recommendations?!?

What kind of music do you listen to?

Popular choices includes, Westone UM2, Klipsch image, UE superfi 5pro and Sennheiser IE7.

From jazz to country to pop to rock to metal, even instrumental! lol ;)

I think my request for such a earpiece is abit absurd? :lol:

Went down to Jaben ytd to try out the um2, superfi pro, and the bijous. The amp + bijou bundle was very attractive but i wasn't too sure of bijou's durability as i've heard and read on this forum about how it spoils easily. The um2 and superfi pro were both fantastic, but the bijou with the amp bundle fared just slightly worse than those 2(IMO) but the price gap is HUGE!

So any suggestions? My music files are not in loseless format, mostly in 320kbps (file size ard 7-10mb). Is this sufficient enough to utilise the driver's inside the um2 or superfi pro? or would a bijou with amp suffice? Any advise?

As i said, my music files are mostly in 320 kbps. Any idea whether this quality is sufficient to utilise the um2 or superfi5pro? I'm actually more inclined towards these 2 because of their built and quality! Shall try the atrios or klipsch if i drop by jaben soon :)

Then again, my player is a 8gb ipod touch 1st gen. I've heard that reason for their popularity is prob due to it being fashionable and stylist and that their music output quality is actually pretty average.

So would a high end IEM like the um2 or superfi 5pro actually be an overkill for the ipod? In the sense that it is being under-utilised and such. Sorry for asking so much but 400 is still a pretty big sum to me :)

Thanks in advance! :grin:

This question of "worth" is very tricky to answer. It all depends on you. If you do want to stretch your dollar, go for used gear. UM2 and SF5Pro have lost their hype and can be found pretty cheaply second hand. About $200 would do it actually. Same with the Atrio. :)

atrios are the way to go...

Atrios the ultimate all-rounder.

provided you can get a good fit with the atrios thou.

I couldnt get a fit no matter how hard i tried and so the atrios didnt made the cut for me.