Sign in to follow this  
Dio

cracking sound from shure IEM

Hi all,

wondering if any of u own shure's IEM and have issues with the sound quality after 1yr of usage...

The problem I am facing is while listening to music from the IEM there is lots of noise coming from the cables (or that what I believe). I own both the e3 and e5 and both have this same problem after 1yr, I think its because the cables are starting to oxidize or something.... Is there anyway to fix this or do I have to throw them away

you can bring down to banleong for an rma and most likely you'll be given a brand new set provided you still have your proof of warranty and if you bought it in singapore.

Do you guys roll the cable? What I notice is that when the cables are twisted then there is the cracking sound or worst the music becomes mono

Do you guys roll the cable? What I notice is that when the cables are twisted then there is the cracking sound or worst the music becomes mono

sounds like maybe your cable may have being damaged due to improper handling, or you could try placing your earphone in a sealed bag with a pack of silicons for a day or two and see if its alright, if not you should bring it down and have it rmed.

My guess would be a cold solder or loose connection near the 3.5mm connector causing the "cracking" or intermittent mono sound. Like others have mention, best to send to Ban Leong Technology for an RMA (repair or exchange) with your local proof of purchase. Good luck.

Normally, the connection problems are found near the earpiece, 'cos sweat kills the cable (eventually) if you wear it over the ear regularly.

I think problems with the thicker portion are more rare since the cable is quite tough there.