Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

McCormack Digital Drive SST-1

Excuse me if U'd mentioned the price but how much will the transport set U back?

Seems like a worthwhile purchase but I personally find the sales bit on jitter dubious. Usually, jitter is a result of inaccurate synchronization between the clocks in transport and dac sections.

Edited by Mackie

The marketing thing about the Jitter was in the product brochure. If I have a chance I will try to listen to it using the Sonic Frontier's Jitterbox too.

Intentionally didn't mention the price, ygpm.

Not yet, hoping to collect it this Saturday as I'm really busy at work this week & next week.

Finally had the time to get round to picking up the McCormack this afternoon. Was hoping to be graced with heavenly sonic tunes right now. Guess what, they wanted to slap me with an extra credit charge since I was not going to pay in cash. $33 extra! Feck, I can get an import CD for that amount! Some lame excuse about it being an equipment purchase hence they have to impose that charge... pfft!!! Chyeah, wait till end of the month then. dry.gif

Bummer (no reference to our fellow forumer). I thought the shop owner being a friend will have some privileges.

Edited by Mackie

The problem is he is away in KL so the wife had other ideas. Nevermind, at least I have something to look forward to for end of this month. He'll be back next weekend so hopefully he can make a start on my LP12 & study the MG Head schematics for the upgrades.

Time for an update. I have informed the seller that I have postponed the purchase until further notice. Somehow while waiting I have lost interest. Yeah, it surprised me too!

Maybe U have come to your senses? It could turned out to be a missed opportunity though if one flips the coin to the other side. ** shrug shrug **

Quite frankly, I don't think the McCormack is going anywhere anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprise that it will still be there by the end of the year.