Sign in to follow this  
Guest dragonboy

Ultrasone Edition 8

your Stax amps can play ED8 meh??

My Linn Classik got headphone out mah. So you auditioned the Leben already?

My Linn Classik got headphone out mah. So you auditioned the Leben already?

:shocking: didnt know that :blush: i think you no need to audition la, buy first, after 500hrs, don't like - SELL away :rolleyes::beer: !!!!!!!!

this week got to be good leh.... :no: see if next week free to go audition Leben....

:shocking: didnt know that :blush: i think you no need to audition la, buy first, after 500hrs, don't like - SELL away :rolleyes::beer: !!!!!!!!

Aiyah, cannot like that lah... sure will chia lat wan. I know myself well enuf, buy already sure keep even if dun listen. Hoarding syndrome. Very bad for wallet. :no:

this week got to be good leh.... :no: see if next week free to go audition Leben....

by the way, which model do they have? The 300X no more liao right? Only the 300XS correct? Well, anyways the 300XS is exactly the same except for the tubes provided. 300X comes with Mullard NOS EL84s while the 300XS are Sovteks. But not real big issue as NOS Mullards are available now and then on ebay. Was the price AN quoted ($5k) for the 300XS?

Edited by jig_sg

CS-300 (3.4K) & CX-300XS (4.2K) - i think, can't remember correctly. want to go audition??

CS-300 (3.4K) & CX-300XS (4.2K) - i think, can't remember correctly. want to go audition??

dun mind, maybe we can borrow Aron's PS1 & Cal's RS1 to get a taste of what HF2 or PS1000 may sound like on the Leben?? :grin::grin:

You'll have to bring that ED9! Anyone got a K1K to lend? :blush: Or even a HD800? :whistle:

All I have is a DT990 :P

haha...think can arrange... DT990, RS1 vintage, RS1i, ED8, ED9, maybe another three hungry cans :grin:

PS1 got to seek permission first.... HD800.... if the owner want to join welcome :grin:

Haha! That was not even close to the last Stereo Meet! I actually brought my Travelling bag. the one I used to come to SG. Lol!

Inside 3 Headphones

Yamamoto

DacMagic

Irukandji

Various cables and Chords

A Power strip.

O yes I was the VOLUNTEERED Photographer so broght my DSLR. :rclxub:

Lol!

Kidult brought a Travelling bag too w/ Yamamoto. He trumped me out by bringing his Xindak Power Filter! :shocking:

I did! Hahaha! See original post. As for source, it doesn't color the yamamoto too much due to the Irukandji. ;)

Yeah thanks to our generous benefactor... ehem... we are now all oricially poisoned. Lol! :drool:

Have just tried ED8 yesterday.

Comfort and isolation is very good! For the design, the headband beside(not the leather part) gives me a plastic feel when see from the inner side..||| But it doesn't matter for me, as long as it sounds good. Treble is there and does not have sibilance, mid is very nice! Bass is powerful and slightly more "boom" than my taste..Very, very nice for male bass vocal..

After encouraged by Jojo for what he had done, I believe I should bring something that ED8/9 can have a battle with..maybe next week..hope they are still there..I may prefer a close can, see what ED8 can do.. :grin:

PS: Sony X1000 player is a very nice sounding little player!! should have brought my ESW9 to try out..

perhaps you should bring your NX-03 :grin: if match just buy :grin::grin:

limited stock i think :bash:

perhaps you should bring your NX-03 :grin: if match just buy :grin::grin:

limited stock i think :bash:

HD800+NX03..a bit "chia lat".. :cry: A bit bulky and heavy..

haha...think can arrange... DT990, RS1 vintage, RS1i, ED8, ED9, maybe another three hungry cans :grin:

PS1 got to seek permission first.... HD800.... if the owner want to join welcome :grin:

Woohoo... great! Wonder how it would work out? You think will be as good or better than Yama? I think it just might, should have more power and tubey sweetness. Cal, it sure would look more matching to your Vintage RS-1, the wood enclosure of the Leben looks like can match the wood cups of the Grado :grin:

Woohoo... great! Wonder how it would work out? You think will be as good or better than Yama? I think it just might, should have more power and tubey sweetness. Cal, it sure would look more matching to your Vintage RS-1, the wood enclosure of the Leben looks like can match the wood cups of the Grado :grin:

with the price different..Yama already lose :wacko: performance wise it MUST be better than Yama :P

otherwise tear down their signboard :ppth: (no offend to Leben users :P )

cal already have something in mind :grin: can't reveal before he confirm.

don't bring your HD800 la.... the main actor is ED8 :cans:

Edited by kidult

with the price different..Yama already lose :wacko: performance wise it MUST be better than Yama :P

otherwise tear down their signboard :ppth: (no offend to Leben users :P )

cal already have something in mind :grin: can't reveal before he confirm.

don't bring your HD800 la.... the main actor is ED8 :cans:

Can't be that phonitor thing right?

Dun worry, can always put in my car :grin:

I'm eyeing for something better. Matches my Grado too. :grin: It not Phonitor. Will let you guys know when I got it. :smoke: I don't have a good feeling of using a integrated amp as it made more for speakers than headphone.

Edited by ical

Bass of my ED8 is finally back after cooling down for a week. :prettyprincess: Sound more transparent too. :party: It keep improving through time. Will let you guys try once it settle down.

Edited by ical