Topspin70

Which sub-$1k amp gives out the most seducative tube sound?

Ahem. Entry level ranges between $2k to $4k per metre? I'm am so not in your league, ical bro. You guys really carry the big guns man. If that's what you pay for cables, makes me wonder what kind of speakers do you use.

I'm just using a humble Harbeth SHL5. :grin:

Btw, Mexcel series minimum is $4k per metre. The 7N-A2500 is honestly too overkill for headphone rig but it sound really good, so I'm leaving it permanently. :party:

Edited by ical

sorry topspin70, going to ride on your thread since I'm asking a similar question to your original post.

I'm thinking of a tube amp as well.

I had a Darkvoice 337 in the past, but the footprint is way too large. I need something that I can put on my computer desk, so maybe the largest I can go is something with a footprint similar to the Rudistor NX-03.

My phones are the HD600 and the MS-Pro, so I am wondering whether they are any recommendations you guys can make? I was thinking of a 336se or a Woo Audio Amp, but didn't have a chance to get a listen to them.

Another alternative suggested by a friend is to get a tube pre-amp like the Diva Pre Classic, to get a tube like sound in my system. Would that be a good idea?

Thanks in advance all.

sorry topspin70, going to ride on your thread since I'm asking a similar question to your original post.

I'm thinking of a tube amp as well.

I had a Darkvoice 337 in the past, but the footprint is way too large. I need something that I can put on my computer desk, so maybe the largest I can go is something with a footprint similar to the Rudistor NX-03.

My phones are the HD600 and the MS-Pro, so I am wondering whether they are any recommendations you guys can make? I was thinking of a 336se or a Woo Audio Amp, but didn't have a chance to get a listen to them.

Another alternative suggested by a friend is to get a tube pre-amp like the Diva Pre Classic, to get a tube like sound in my system. Would that be a good idea?

Thanks in advance all.

Hi J, welcome to the forum. In your post, you mentioned that you "had" the 337 in the past, so you are using the Rudistor NX-03 now? If you are using a solid state amp, then a tube preamp will certainly give you some tube like characteristics.

Anyway, regarding 336se or Woo Audio, I have not heard them, so I can't commend on them. But I am using a Diva Classic 1H preamp, pairing it with the GS Solo SRG, and they have been serving me very well. Here are a couple of pics to get an idea of the footprints of the combo; please be aware that both the Diva preamp and Solo SRG come with separate power suply units which cannot be seen in the pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Kachui

Kachui, you bought a HD800? :shocking:

he, he...got it today...after thinking about it for some time.

back to mama senn :grin:

How does it sound out of the Solo? Mine sounds heavenly out of the Isabellina HPA..... :thumbup:

back to mama senn :grin:

Still have my RS1, though. :grin:

How does it sound out of the Solo? Mine sounds heavenly out of the Isabellina HPA..... :thumbup:

Wow...Isabellina. :thumbup:

So far so good with the Solo...better than what I heard at the HD800 official launch audition, that's for sure. :grin:

guys, get your cans really, we are planning to audition Isabellina HPA soon!!!!

No wonder never hear from you for sometime... hiding away planning... finally a "bomb"! Haha, must sound so good dun need to leave your apartment liaoz :grin:

Wow, how does it compare to your previous amp? Was it a Darkvoice 337?

I should imagine its vastly different. You got yours direct from RWA? Raindrop doesn't have it in stock yet, only in another 2 weeks or so.

Looks like there are many high end cans around with different setups :drool:, perhaps a meet sometime this year would be in order? Unless, its too difficult to find a good location or time. But if it happens, it would be great! :grin:

But remember people "no shaking of hands" :no:

Edited by jig_sg

No wonder never hear from you for sometime... hiding away planning... finally a "bomb"! Haha, must sound so good dun need to leave your apartment liaoz :grin:

Aiya...was quiet because was sick last week...but that did not stop me from planning the "bomb". :P

Will need someone...I mean something...more to keep me in my apartment !! :grin:

No wonder my ears felt itch today. :grin: That's faster than I expected! Got a feeling that you're going for it when audition at Pasir Ris showroom. Jojo and Stanley, what are you waiting for. You guys are losing out. :grin:

Edited by ical

Aiya...was quiet because was sick last week...but that did not stop me from planning the "bomb". :P

Will need someone...I mean something...more to keep me in my apartment !! :grin:

Maybe you can find it here? :innocent:

http://www.kanojotoys.com/index.php/tenga-...cup-on-the-way/

No wonder my ears felt itch today. :grin: That's faster than I expected! Got a feeling that you're going for it when audition at Pasir Ris showroom. Jojo and Stanley, what are you waiting for. You guys are losing out. :grin:

And I thought he wasn't at all interested since he didn't put on the HD800s when we were there, until I just remembered he went there WAAAAAAAyyyyyyyyy before we arrived. Kachui, you acting not bad leh, if you join TCS I sure to sms my vote for you in the Top 10 category! :grin:

Pongz, post some pic at "Pics: Show Off Your Home Rigs". This amp is interesting like some phono amp as it runs on battery which is the cleanest power.

Sorry Topspin70. OT your thread big time! :sweat:

Edited by ical

Yes, thanks to you, managed to audition all the new top three cans and decided which is the best for my system. :grin:

Maybe you can find it here? :innocent:

http://www.kanojotoys.com/index.php/tenga-...cup-on-the-way/

And I thought he wasn't at all interested since he didn't put on the HD800s when we were there, until I just remembered he went there WAAAAAAAyyyyyyyyy before we arrived. Kachui, you acting not bad leh, if you join TCS I sure to sms my vote for you in the Top 10 category! :grin:

Wah...never seen such toys before...how come you know where to look? :shifty:

ok... :b2t:bash: back to topic guys!

Edited by Kachui