Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Ironman

Choosing my portable earphone...ATH or?

Hey, I am new to this forum and I want to buy ATH earphones for my iphone, and I am looking for some experience shops of ATH in Singapore. Does anybody knows any ATH experience shop or at least shop around city hall or orchard ?

Thanks

You can visit:

Stereo Electronics at 4th Floor Plaza Singapura

or

Jaben at 4th Floor Adelphi

Both should be able to help you out and are within your area stated. get ready to have you wallet burned though.

On a side note, I really like stereo's new place in PS not only on the friendly people and new shop there but it's nice location in a the MALL. =)

You can visit:

Stereo Electronics at 4th Floor Plaza Singapura

or

Jaben at 4th Floor Adelphi

Both should be able to help you out and are within your area stated. get ready to have you wallet burned though.

On a side note, I really like stereo's new place in PS not only on the friendly people and new shop there but it's nice location in a the MALL. =)

Hey, thanks for replying.

Btw, I am really new to this HIFI or earphone thing. Any recommendation for an close earphone that can cover my ear (male ear,,,,) from ATH or other brands? Btw, I would like to buy 2nd hand one, is it safe to buy in this forum?

Hey, thanks for replying.

Btw, I am really new to this HIFI or earphone thing. Any recommendation for an close earphone that can cover my ear (male ear,,,,) from ATH or other brands? Btw, I would like to buy 2nd hand one, is it safe to buy in this forum?

Hi Stephen,

Jojo gave you very good advice. The two shops he mentioned, ie Stereo Electronics and Jaben are the two best stocked headphone shops in Singapore. Both have good knowledgeable management but also may have new staff who are "pushy" or clueless.

Go to both, audition the headphones and then buy from the place you like better. ATH have plenty of good circumaural headphone models. Depends on your taste and wallet to choose from them. Go audition, nothing to loose but some time well spent.

Regards

Hi Stephen,

Jojo gave you very good advice. The two shops he mentioned, ie Stereo Electronics and Jaben are the two best stocked headphone shops in Singapore. Both have good knowledgeable management but also may have new staff who are "pushy" or clueless.

Go to both, audition the headphones and then buy from the place you like better. ATH have plenty of good circumaural headphone models. Depends on your taste and wallet to choose from them. Go audition, nothing to loose but some time well spent.

Regards

Ok, thanks. :))

hello! welcome to this forum!

for closed headphone and is ATH one, why not consider the ESW 9, good for close and give a very warm sounding. The best thing is to auditon it yourself at the two shop mention above :))

hello! welcome to this forum!

for closed headphone and is ATH one, why not consider the ESW 9, good for close and give a very warm sounding. The best thing is to auditon it yourself at the two shop mention above :))

ESW9 are very nice phones, I like the sound and also the real leather pads but they are not circumaural, ie they rest on the ears and not around them. By all means try them out. :))

ESW9 are very nice phones, I like the sound and also the real leather pads but they are not circumaural, ie they rest on the ears and not around them. By all means try them out. :))

oops, i missed out on the circumamural. haha :bash:

If on a budget the AT M50 is a good headphone to try out. Senn also has a few modelsin the same price range of the M50 worth asking for too. Denons and JVC should also be auditioned. :)

At jaben you can try the Beyer DT770.

I left out some that are really a bit expensive so try the other first and if your adventurous and really have some funds. You can always ask Aaron or his staff at Stereo or Uncle Wilson or Gabriel st jaben. =)

Edited by jojo_b2

The ATH M50 is really good for the price. However, the earpads are not quite circumaural, need to check fit. It is a studio phone and so is very neutral. Some may feel it too cold and clinical.

While I like the ATH M50 and had one until I bought a second hand Beyer DT150 which has much better sound quality and is circumaural. But new, DT150 is quite ex. And the Dt150 is dog-ugly, whether new or second hand... :D

Edited by heady

The ATH M50 is really good for the price. However, the earpads are not quite circumaural, need to check fit. It is a studio phone and so is very neutral. Some may feel it too cold and clinical.

While I like the ATH M50 and had one until I bought a second hand Beyer DT150 which has much better sound quality and is circumaural. But new, DT150 is quite ex. And the Dt150 is dog-ugly, whether new or second hand... :D

Haha,ok then I go and try first. Hee, dont have a chance to go during the weekend. Thank everybody.