Sign in to follow this  
Darkkopi

Can Slam 2009 pictures & impressions

Nice work! Great job in creating still pics to video. :thumbup::thumbup: Damn! We're really noise in the background. :grin:

Edited by ical

After I saw Darkkopi picture, I think I shall get one DSLR as well..but not now.. :D

Was too busy in these few days.....

So here's my turn..will just briefly give some impressions..

IPB Image

Darkvoice..my first time to use mono potentiometer...Left and right separated..

IPB Image

Headroom Desktop Balance Headphone Amplifier..Powerful amp..

IPB Image

Little Dot MK4 SE..This amp is the second hot amp..I mean the temperature of the casing..

The hottest amp in this meet is the Amtech HA-1(forgot to take the picture)..I though my hand is holding a furnace..but it really sounds good..

IPB Image

No complain for the sound..

IPB Image

HP4..It can drive any headphones...Maximum 4 headphone without any problem..

No complain to use it with HD800(Stock Cable)..The bass is finally there..

IPB Image

IPB Image

Gilmore Stat. Amp with HE60,He Jade, 007..

This is the first time I have the chance to hear the electrostats headphone equipement..Thank you jig_sg!!!!

I feel HE60 bass is a bit to much, 007 is just right.

IPB Image

Maple Amp..Sounds very good with RS1..

IPB Image

Soha DIY built..Sounds musical when I use with HD800..

IPB Image

Apache Amp..Which is one of the only few balanced amp in this meet..

Bass is strong and just nice..

Now here's the 2 setups I love it most in this meet..

IPB Image

I think is ASTINtrew CD player->ical's Phonitor->and my HD800(Stock Cable)

The music is sooooooo sweet..Mids is perfect...I love its female vocal..there must be some magic within this setup..

IPB Image

Another magic..that makes me jaw drop long way...

theory_87's rigs..Discontinued Rio Karma->Yaqin CD1 Tube Buffer w Mullard E88CC->Graham Slee Novo-> my HD800(Stock cable..remember to change back to stock cable when listen to this rig or else no more magic)

Super MUSICAL equipment..Maybe far away from HIFI, but nearest to the MUSIC...

The other one thing that make me jaw drops is Mundorf cable by kds5000..This is where HD800 shine with its BASS..Ultimate SLAM....This is where you enjoy the Male Bass and drums..Of course when there're pros, there're cons as well..Mundorf cable mids was not that good compare with stock cable.

Black Dragon have more bass and better texture detail compare with stock cable, I hope it has the same slam as Mundorf cable..

RWA's Isabellina HPA sound so smooth...

My Rudistor NX-03 didn't perform in this meet..no more source..Next time I shall come in earlier to grab a CD source for it...

Thanks again for everyone!!

Wow... very cool collage of pics & vid :DD . Excellent work Darkkopi! Really beautiful.

Now I only wish we could download and keep the memory :P

Lucky didn't capture me in the vid, probably would have been caught talkin cock & embarrass myself :grin:

Edited by jig_sg

like the video!!! thanks for sharing :rclxms:

Nice work! Great job in creating still pics to video. :thumbup::thumbup: Damn! We're really noise in the background. :grin:

Wow... very cool collage of pics & vid :DD . Excellent work Darkkopi! Really beautiful.

Lucky didn't capture me in the vid, probably would have been caught talkin cock & embarrass myself :grin:

Thanks! :))

Ops, I disabled the protection for it, can just hover over it and choose the "save movie" :D

Edited by Darkkopi

Now here's the 2 setups I love it most in this meet..

IPB Image

I think is ASTINtrew CD player->ical's Phonitor->and my HD800(Stock Cable)

The music is sooooooo sweet..Mids is perfect...I love its female vocal..there must be some magic within this setup..

It nice to hear praise about my system. :yeah: I thought it'll lost it's shine being jig_sg's "neighbor" with all his exotic rigs. :bash: Yes, some tweaks are added to them to improve their sound. My rig also consist of some other tweaks and a isolator transformer which I'm too lazy to bring along for this meet as they're heavy and takes time to set up right. :no: You're most welcome to my place if you want to hear how they really sound. :yes:

Edited by ical

It nice to hear praise about my system. :yeah: I thought it'll lost it's shine being jig_sg's "neighbor" with all his exotic rigs. :bash: Yes, some tweaks are added to them to improve their sound. My rig also consist of some other tweaks and a isolator transformer which I'm too lazy to bring along for this meet as they're heavy and takes time to set up right. :no: You're most welcome to my place if you want to hear how they really sound. :yes:

Aww dun say that... I for one liked it :yes:more or less

Edited by jig_sg

Can hear you in the background lah. :bash:

Can hear you in the background lah. :bash:

No leh, only hear YOUR'S and Aron's voice nia, when Aron was explaining about the complexities of the Naim din cable. Dun recognize my beautiful vocals anywhere leh. Dun try to blow smoke away hor.

Ops, I disabled the protection for it, can just hover over it and choose the "save movie" :D

Done, thanks bro.

Thanks!! Still too busy in these days(maybe months||| :cry: ), will try to find a chance..do wish to come to your place to hear how good it can be for a fine tuned system...

The ASTINtrew CD player I think is belong to SkyAudio right? Not sure if it makes it one of the reasons for the magic mids..

On the meet jig_sg's rig(the electrostatic amp) has some maintenance work..Anything happen to the electrostatic amp?

Thanks!! Still too busy in these days(maybe months||| :cry: ), will try to find a chance..do wish to come to your place to hear how good it can be for a fine tuned system...

The ASTINtrew CD player I think is belong to SkyAudio right? Not sure if it makes it one of the reasons for the magic mids..

On the meet jig_sg's rig(the electrostatic amp) has some maintenance work..Anything happen to the electrostatic amp?

the ASTINtrew cdp beside phonitor belongs to Cal. jig_sg is resolving some static issue with his Gilmore Stat. Amp

Have you tried with kidult's setup? kidult is using phonitor and 640c. ASTINtrew cdp is really musical.

Edited by theory_87

Now I know what my next upgrade is going to be. The amp is indeed as good as the source feeding it, my RS-1 opened up and was singing with the ASTINtrew CDP connected to my rig. Crisp, musical and just neutral enough to balance the warmth of my tube amp. :lust:

the ASTINtrew cdp beside phonitor belongs to Cal. jig_sg is resolving some static issue with his Gilmore Stat. Amp

Astintrew

Nah, the Astintrew was returned to SkyAudio, it was on "home trial".

The pairing with the Amptech amps did sound really musical, though I felt it could do with more speed. Maybe its just me cos' most liked it alot.

KGBH

Yup, had some static issues cos' the day before I took swapped out the tubes for another set and didn't like it. Then I switched it back and did a rough balancing/biasing of the tubes. It seems I didn't do it properly, didn't have much time the day before. So needed to readjust the bias & balance of the tubes. Nothing serious. After biasing, everything was sweet again :grin:

Now I know what my next upgrade is going to be. The amp is indeed as good as the source feeding it, my RS-1 opened up and was singing with the ASTINtrew CDP connected to my rig. Crisp, musical and just neutral enough to balance the warmth of my tube amp. :lust:

Well, as they say "Garbage in, garbage out". But of course, your CDP isn't that bad, just really really sticky :blink:

Edited by jig_sg

Thanks for the effort.

Lots of headfi p*o*r*n and energy in the meet. :)

Bravo to the organisers/photogs and the players themselves.