Sign in to follow this  
grados

Newbie here...

its pretty small actually

go to www.headsave.com n compare..they shud have dimensions mentioned as well for the meta42 amp...

pretty small n powerful.

I have to correct you there Q00, not full blown META but a 'fairly high specced' META. Especially in the case for grados since he will be using a portable source something like the headsave transit will sound really good.

in my opinion, an upgrade in headphones offers more benefits than an amp for his case. why don't you upgrado and get a 125/225/325 and save up for a future headamp or source upgrade later? what's your budget?

Edited by evil-zen

Porta Corda II comes in a kit form as well. META 42 and PPA boards can be had from Tangent's website.

Grado SR-225 is the best value in the range IMO. The higher end grados are better (esp the RS series) but diminishing returns sets in.

An alternative (with a amp) is the Beyer DT-931 or DT 880.

i see so u suggest that i upgrade to the sr225s and not bother about the amp yet?

i might consider building a ppa since i might be able to do it for my FYP if i can get permission for it

I disagree to a certain extent, IMO the SR225 will not be performing at it's best but if you plan to get an amp in the future then it's still a good plan.

yea im considering building a ppa so any suggestions?

should i get a ppa then use my sr60 first then upgrade to a sr225 later

or get a sr225 then get an amp?

You do realise that the PPA will be a fairly big amp.

http://www.tangentsoft.net/audio/ppa/

Roughly 5"x2.5"x7"?

Mint META: 2"x1"x4"

Xin(Fixup) SuperMini: 2"x1/2"x3"

Don't you mean the Ultra is too big?

Another link you gus should look at is JMTaudio.com he has some picture showing his version of the 'transit' in a translucent case which looks cooler. Click on products.

The version 3 that I had (3x AAA, single digital volume) sounded very close to a mid specced META. It had similar levels of details but just lacking in weight & punch. The newer Class A should give it a run for it's money. US$99 for the SuperMini (non class A version) & according to Xin about US$120 for the new Micro amp (Class A, Xin-feed, twin digital volume buttons, blue LED - which is optional in the SuperMini).