Sign in to follow this  
grados

Newbie here...

hi guys just stumbled upon this forum and was glad to see that there were so many can lovers out there ^^; im just using a sr60 and looking for better sound dont know if im considered an audiophile or what but i like my music to sound good... any sugestions for an upgrade?

well i listen to music on the go sr60s r open but i love em

btw my source is a iriver 350 portable

mmm im thinking of getting a rig at home or get better grados...

oh and boy do u guys wake up early party.gif

hrmm sorry to post again but ive been looking around and hows me getting a meta42 in a mint tin to upgrade my current iriver 350 n sr60s?

Hi Grado, welcome to SGheadphones. Why dun you check out an article by Rameish in the SGheadphone articles.

Edited by lengcm

I'm not really much of an on the move listener, but I would think that a nice portable amp would be a nice step up and if you have the money after that maybe a pair of 'phones like the ETYMOTIC ER-6 that have excellent isolation.

What do the rest of you think?

If you're happy with the sound of the iRiver & SR60's but simply want to upgrade the sound further then I suggest getting a headphone amp if your iRiver has a line out. $500 will get you a really nice META42 design headphone amp plus the necessary hookup cable.

Porta Corda II is a good suggestion too it comes with a mini to mini cable, belt clip, 120 ohm adaptor & wallwart plug. However I never got a chance to hear it on the SR60 but I did try it on my RS-1. It's an extremely powerful little portable amp & sounds good too.

woo thanks guys

btw is really cheaper to build a meta amp urself?

i myself am an engineering student so im like used to soldering almost every week...

so might as well put my skills to use... blush.gif

how much are we looking here for the porta corda?

N@Z keeps on recommending me the full blown Meta42 not the MINT variant, im starting to think his way as well tongue.gif It is a value for money investment and the spare cash could be used to get the sr225's later on.