kidult

Vinyl camp

The Rega belt sounds like an inexpensive tweak with good results. :thumbup:

Inexpensive my @**!!! :blink:

It's the world's most expensive rubber band!!! :P

bought this from IKEA - KVOT dish drainer $9.90.

IPB Image

Nice. Now that's what I call an "inexpensive" tweak... :rclxms:

I'm gonna get one this weekend...

I would like to you guys expert view on Garrard 301...I am seriously thinking of getting one? Whic tonearm is good for that TT. Thanks

I am no expert, but I have friends who owned the Garrard 301 who swear they are the best TT they have heard. TT, Plinth and tonearm matching is important though.

Perhaps Jig can help, he is building one and am sure has done a lot of research on this, though he may argue that the Lenco is a better deal :grin: .

Edited by Kachui

I am no expert, but I have friends who owned the Garrard 301 who swear they are the best TT they have heard. TT, Plinth and tonearm matching is important though.

Perhaps Jig can help, he is building one and am sure has done a lot of research on this, though he may argue that the Lenco is a better deal :grin: .

Yeah.... i m in deliama now...between these 2 Tt

Am mating the Garrard with a Thomas Schick 12". Read that its recommended to use a 12" as it would reduce the vibration of the motor on the tonearm as it is further away, which made some sense. Nonetheless, a good plinth material that would absorb resonances is just as important. Either a heavy mass plywood plinth (like the plinths made by Jean Nantais) or some material with good damping properties like slate would be good; though the latter in that large a dimension is pretty hard to find in Singapore.

Example of a Jean Nantais plinth

IPB Image

A Slate Plinth by OMA

IPB Image

Was also considering bonding marble with delrin. Marble is very resonant but has a heavy mass, while the delrin would damp the resonance of the marble pretty well. Using either on its own isn't recommended as delrin only would over-damp the table and marble would "ring" like a bell.

Edited by jig_sg

Been enjoying music and finally have time to take pic of my new upgrade.

IPB Image

Sorry for the lousy pic taken with my old Sony 5 mega pixels compact camera.

Edited by ical

A little teaser of Astin Trew new MM/MC phono amp. Thanks to Steven of Sky Audio, I got the chance to audition this brand new product. It comes with XLR output so will be ideal for those balanced fan. Best part is it sound great! Good texture and tonality with nice mid. Overall very musical.

IPB Image

Edited by ical

XLR output :drool: Eric & jojo...you may consider this new phono amp :grin:

XLR output :drool: Eric & jojo...you may consider this new phono amp :grin:

me maybe but i enjoying the Ear HP4 signature so much that if i going for TT then Ear phono amp i will aim for :grin:

but for Jojo well he's dead stuck on RSA phono amp haha :lol:

me maybe but i enjoying the Ear HP4 signature so much that if i going for TT then Ear phono amp i will aim for :grin:

Sure or not? :yawn::yawn: