kidult

Vinyl camp

@Kidult

Nice SPIN and SUCK gadget you got there. Looks fierce too. :thumbup:

it really SUCK well :grin:

Looks cool. :rclxms:

But more important...how does the headphone system do compared to your speaker system?

Though both is good in their own way, speakers is still the winner to me. It's imaging and soundstage alone is unbeatable by headphone. Surprisingly my Stax sound very dynamic out from my tube pre, very good even with just half an hour of warm up. Wonder how good it'll sound after 2 hours. Now I can blast my volume with metal and rock during the nite without disturbing my family.

For those curious what's the different between cdp and turntable with headphone, one thing I can say is there's no comparsion at all. Turntable is the one and only if you're looking for the ultimate source. It's mid is so rich and full with plenty of detail and wide soundstage. It woke my Stax from sleep as if it drive by a very powerful amp.

it really SUCK well :grin:

Sucker!

Edited by ical

Give up the idea of getting another turntable for my Stax. So I use my Solidsteel rack to it's limit by squeezing my speakers and headphone system into one. Best of both world in one rack. :party: Didn't know the HT speaker works as a good platform for headphone stand. :grin:

IPB Image

Eh?! I don't see your 404LE connected? :bash:

Connect it to your Stax amp, turn up the volume and play the 1st track of Nirvana's Nevermind LP. I guarantee your b**** will drop!!! :DD:party:

404LE low class leh. :grin: I did tried the Nirvana's Nevermind with the O2, it indeed an excellent track. Ended up listening the whole LP. B**** didn't drop, only c*** stand. :thumbup:

Btw, HE60 sound super good with classical. HUGH soundstage and excellent separation. :prettyprincess:

Edited by ical

@Kidult

Nice SPIN and SUCK gadget you got there. Looks fierce too. :thumbup:

Get one, Jojo...and start buying dirty LPs... :grin:

Edited by Kachui

Bought thousands dollar worth of LP and still Turntable to play with...Really hard to decide which one to get...

beside Garrard & Lenco, what other TT you prefer?

how's your music preference & budget.

you need audition :grin::grin::cans::cans:

beside Garrard & Lenco, what other TT you prefer?

how's your music preference & budget.

you need audition :grin::grin::cans::cans:

I think decided not to do the Garrad 301 now...Have audit a few Origin Live , clear audio, avid... I listen to Jazz old Jazz (Blue Note mainly)....don't feel like spending more than 5K for it...Prefer MM cartridge ..

Edited by stephen chung

I think decided not to do the Garrad 301 now...Have audit a few Origin Live , clear audio, avid... I listen to Jazz old Jazz (Blue Note mainly)....don't feel like spending more than 5K for it...Prefer MM cartridge ..

Clearaudio performance + Clearaudio Maestro may suite your need. they are like gentleman in suit.

Origin Live more for rock and pop imo. they have punch.

never heard Avid, can't commend.

VPI Classic is another nice choice. a bit off budget here.

Clearaudio performance + Clearaudio Maestro may suite your need. they are like gentleman in suit.

Origin Live more for rock and pop imo. they have punch.

never heard Avid, can't commend.

VPI Classic is another nice choice. a bit off budget here.

I have audited the Origin Live and Clear audio at Modular Audio. But, the 2 table have different tonearm and Cartridge on them, so it is not an Apple to Apple, orange to Orange comparison....I don't think Oyster will want to swap the cartridge and cartridge just to sell a $4-5k table...

Of the TTs I have heard recently,

The VPI classic is a great choice, very natural sounding.

The Avid Volvere and SME tonearm at Raindrop is smooth and has great imaging and minimal distortion, likely due to the clamp factor.

Ray at Raindrop also has great Nagoaka MM carts that you can check out.

Then of course there is the all time champion value for money Rega P3-24...

I guess auditioning is the only way to go.

I have audited the Origin Live and Clear audio at Modular Audio. But, the 2 table have different tonearm and Cartridge on them, so it is not an Apple to Apple, orange to Orange comparison....I don't think Oyster will want to swap the cartridge and cartridge just to sell a $4-5k table...

check with him, you won't know. actually he set up OL Aurora MK2 & Clearaudio Performance 2 side by side for easy a/b last week. I was invited but I didn't go.

I don't have problem using differnt cartridge for different TT during audition. Just an idea of how the set up sound like is fine to me. important is whether you like the sound & apperance or not. moreover u might not get the same cartridge as the demo TT.

just my 0.20 cents.

In audio, it impossible to have direct comparison. Even if you get exact components as the demo, it not going to guarantee you that it'll sound the same. There's too many factors affecting the final setup. An audition will give you a reference for it's signature and characteristic. From there you should know whether it matches well with your system.

Edited by ical

Of the TTs I have heard recently,

The VPI classic is a great choice, very natural sounding.

The Avid Volvere and SME tonearm at Raindrop is smooth and has great imaging and minimal distortion, likely due to the clamp factor.

Ray at Raindrop also has great Nagoaka MM carts that you can check out.

Then of course there is the all time champion value for money Rega P3-24...

I guess auditioning is the only way to go.

I can't afford the Valvere...I was comparing the DivaII with the rest...

check with him, you won't know. actually he set up OL Aurora MK2 & Clearaudio Performance 2 side by side for easy a/b last week. I was invited but I didn't go.

I don't have problem using differnt cartridge for different TT during audition. Just an idea of how the set up sound like is fine to me. important is whether you like the sound & apperance or not. moreover u might not get the same cartridge as the demo TT.

just my 0.20 cents.

Maybe, I try my luck next time there.... :))