Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

PPA - 1st Impressions

Rameish really like it alot... tongue.gif

I do like it. But am thinking how to go about doing it. Will need to discuss this with firefox. WHY?

The PPA is like a META 42 - it basically does not have a sound as such. I have said this before about the META. It all boils down to this: It is a distinct possibility to like this PPA and dislike another PPA.

Also, and I hope you don't mind me saying this, please use some decent parts ya. Don't skimp too much. I'll forward to hearing your version of the PPA.

Yup, definately. rolleyes.gif The only thing is that I won't add the bass boost yet as everyone have their own preference bass.

So far I only lack the PCB so that I can start work. All the IC's and caps are ready. lol.gif

Jason's parts are more than decent. I'm sure he didn't skimp on the PPA as we bought most of the parts together. biggrin.gif safe for the 1uF reservior caps and accessory like sockets and switches.

Bass boost is tricky, and is unneccessary for audiophile listening. But I put it there for I want the slam and rumble in my rock music. But at the moment it's too overwhelming with my DT880, but surprising good on the Grado SR125.. Will need to fine tune the R7 for the DT880..

Well, all I can say is get the board, and socket as many things as possble. Once you've found the sound you want, remore the sockets. And oh, get the Alps blue from Tangent as that would make it more compact as it fits onto the board. The alps blue we get here are generally the hard wire type - you could go some creative trimming of course.