Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

Original Grado Pads

Todd (formerly of Headroom and now on his own has with the permission of John Grado) has a pre-order going on for the original Grado flat pads.

Here's the link:

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread....&threadid=45868

For the uninitiated Grado originally sold their headphones with the flat pads - they now only have the "improved" bowl pads and the comfy pads. However many users - including myself - have acknowledged that the flat pads do change the sound - for the better IMHO.

Note the price goes up after the pre-order and I do not think Todd is getting these from Grado Labs.

Ya the price is steep but just a few months back people would give an arm and a leg to get one.

Anyways he only has 650 pairs so you better be quick as every US grado user on headfi is probably gonna get one.

Personally I can't tell a difference between the flat pads & HD414 modded pads but that could just be me & my modest equipment.

I don't think it's got anything to do with Grado other than gettting their permission. So MBD probably can't help although they (MBD) used to bring in headroom stuff years ago. However Todd is no longer with Headroom. God this is complex.