Northern Oak

DT880 showcased in Chinese Papers

Just read the Sunday Chinese papers today and it is about the Beyerdynamics DT880. The article mentioned about the brief history of Beyerdynamics and then went on to a brief review of the cans.

Highlights (as stated in the article)

1. Eugen Beyer is the inventor of dynamic headphones, first introduced as a prototype of DT48 in 18th August 1937.

2. It was first branded as Berlin.

3. Introduced the first stereo headphone DT48S in the world in 1950.

4. DT880 was first introduced in 1980 with its frequency response stretched right up to 50kHz..

5. 90% of the DT880 headphone itself is handcrafted, therefore production is limited -> expensive lah!

6. Quoted price is S$599 from Peak Fusion Pte Ltd.

Now that's what I called historic !!!

Edited by Northern Oak

wah.... 600 !!!

for that price I go get w1000 liao or sony cd3000 tongue.gif

anyway,

it's always good to see cans being advertised smoke.gif

Yup, for that price I would definitely go for the W1000 or CD3K, I do remember that the previous price was $400+, before the Euros went up.

oooh.. hm.. I will wait for the price to drop.

dt880 sounds like my cup of tea beer.gif

when to hung brothers yesterday.....did a brief listen to the W1000 and the DT880.....I would say the w1000 is a more balanced cans....with much more airy highs and better soundstage....a non 'canniphile' innocent.gif friend passed a comment on the W1000.....its like surround sound headphone.gif

Not to say that the DT880 is a bad can.....it sure can boggie.....especially with bass heavy music.....wow.....make you feel like moving your body....I would say it depends on you listening preference....

Didnt checkout the price of the DT880 though......as for the W1000......very tempting price....

hm.. based upon my readings, the w1000 should better the dt880..

but ... arh.... my pocket is burning... wacko.gif

yeah. actually, I got my CD3Ks and W1000 (which I sold) before, thru the help of one of the guys there. very nice guy yes.gif I won't say who, lest people reading this bombard the guy with emails happy.gif